Saturday, October 28, 2023

Just Us Girls #703 - CAS Week

 Hello friends!  The new challenge over at Just Us Girls is the CAS Week challenge.  Nancy is our hostess and she wants us to just use the center of the card.  I like this challenge!

I need to send out some Halloween cards to the kiddos in the family.  I chose to make this cute black cat for my great-niece who has a black cat.  I started with the stencils.  Since we had to use just the center of the card, I used an oval masking stencil over the spider web and then the spiders.  The cat was die cut from black cardstock and I added an orange band to the hat and pink for the eyes and nose.  I added star dust stickles to that orange band and crystal effects to its nose.  I used wobblers to add the cat to the main panel.  I stamped two sentiments in orange ink and added another sentiment on orange card stock stamped with black ink.  I found these silver stars and added them for some sparkle.

You can see more from the JUGs design team and our October guest, Bonnie Klass, on the JUGs blog.  This is Bonnie's last week with us, and I'd like to thank her for her beautiful cards she shared on our blog this month.

Thanks for stopping by!

Recipe
Stamps:  Sentiment Strips: Halloween (Pretty Pink Posh)
Paper:  White, black, orange
Ink:  Versafine onyx black, clementine, rocky slope, licorice
Accessories:  Layered Spider Web stencils (PPP), Masking Ovals stencil (PPP), Spooky Cat die (SSS), stitched rectangle (MFT), crystal effects, star dust stickles, silver stars, wobbler


10 comments:

cm said...

Your great-niece will love the card you've personalized for her. The stenciled background is a fabulous stage for your star-of-the-show black kitty.
hugs~carol

Carol said...

I love this card! the stencil, the cute cat die, the two sentiments!!!They all add up to a great Halloween CAS card!

Nancy said...

Fun, Fun card, Lisa! I really love that cat!

Vicki Dutcher said...

Love this fun black cat! Awesome Halloween card

Bonnie said...

This is a perfect Halloween card, Lisa! Love this bewitching kitty! Thanks so much for the warm welcome! I have really enjoyed guesting with you this month!

Sue VanDeVusse said...

Awesome black cat! I love the creepy, spooky stenciled background with all of those spiders sitting on the webs.

ElizStewart said...

Lisa... super cute and clean! So fun...

Lisa Elton said...

This is such a cute card!

Ina G said...

Fabulous fun colourful and spooktacular Lisa.

Bobby said...

Those pink eyes make your cat a tad spooky, Lisa, but cute just the same.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin