Saturday, October 7, 2023

Just Us Girls #700 - Color Week

 Hello friends!  It's Just Us Girls 700th challenge!  That's something to celebrate!  I'm the hostess for this challenge, and I guess it's appropriate because I've been with this challenge since the beginning 14 years ago!  So let's see what I came up with for this Color Week challenge.

My photo isn't showing up very well.  This is supposed to be a terrarium.  I have die cut the glass top of the terrarium from vellum, however you can't really see it!  Oh well!  It's there!  I die cut all the leaves and mushrooms from white card stock, then used the coordinating stencils to color the pieces.  I added them to the terrarium and placed some pearls on the mushrooms.  I stamped the sentiment with Versamark and heat embossed it with white embossing powder on brown card stock.  Love these fall colors!

To celebrate this 700th challenge, I'm giving away a little prize.  I have a Distress Oxide ink pad, some mica sprays (these are so fun!), some stamps and a few other things.  In order to win this, please comment below on my blog and on the JUGs blog as well as enter the JUGs challenge with a card in these colors.   Unfortunately I'm only sending this to US residents (shipping costs are too expensive outside the US!).  I will select one winner randomly.

You can see more from the JUGs design team and our new October guest, Bonnie Klass, on the JUGs blog.  Welcome Bonnie!

Thanks for stopping by!

Recipe
Stamps:  Decorative Pumpkins sentiment (Pretty Pink Posh)
Paper:  White, brown, vellum
Ink:  Versamark, sky blue, summer shower, clementine, persimmon, warm buff, doe
Accessories:  The Magic is in You stencils and die (Pink Fresh), terrarium die (Pink Fresh), stitched rectangle (MFT), pearls, white embossing powder





13 comments:

Bonnie said...

Thank you for the warm welcome, Lisa! Your terrarium is brilliant! Love those mushrooms! Congratulations on being on this team for 14 years!

Vicki Dutcher said...

Fun colors and great card! Love the prize you are offering too 😊

Nancy said...

What a gorgeous card and fabulous prize! Your mushrooms are wonderful! Loved your choice of colors for us too! Have a great trip!

Lisa Elton said...

Love the colors you picked for us, Lisa and I love your marvelous card!

Carol said...

Gorgeous card for our challenge!!!! I love the terrarium and the style of those mushrooms and leaves!!! Very pretty scene. These were such nice colors to work with this week, so thanks!!!

ElizStewart said...

Lisa... 14 years...just amazing! A true statement to your creativity. Thank you for the weekly inspiration. And I love the terrarium.

TK said...

Wow! So pretty, and mushrooms are so on trend right now -- Brilliant idea to put them in a terrarium

Johanna said...

Too bad I'm in Canada - LOL. Love your card and once I had read your description I looked a bit closer and can see the vellum piece. It shows up better at the base but it is there. Those mushrooms are great.

Bobby said...

I can see the vellum, Lisa, and it made a great terrarium to hold your cute little mushrooms. Great colors for the challenge and what a wonderful give away you have corraled.

Ina G said...

You can see the soft vellum terrarium Lisa and those mushrooms are stunning in one of your chosen colours. Love what they are planted in and the background just lift it all beautifully. Loved your choice of colours. Well done for being our original Jughead. Way to go!

dj said...

I am loving those mushrooms!! They showcased the color challenge perfectly!! 700 challenges!! How exciting!! It has been so fun to play along with the JUG team over the last 14 years...so many fun challenges...thank for all the great inspiration!! I celebrate with you!!

cm said...

Echoing the others: your mushrooms are fabulous! They're the perfect choice for your colour challenge which, by the way, I LOVE!
hugs~carol

I Card Everyone said...

Lisa! I can't even believe all the goodies in this wonderful prize package that arrived today! Thanks so very much for your generosity!
=]

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin