Saturday, November 11, 2023

Just Us Girls #705 - Word Week

Hello!  Carol is the hostess this week over at Just Us Girls for our Word Week challenge, and she has chosen the words THANKS or THANKSGIVING. 

I chose Thanksgiving as my word because I need more of these cards to send to friends and family.  I started by stenciling the background with a two-part stencil.  I chose several different autumnal rainbow colors and brown for the stems.  I just love those colors!  Then I chose this die and die cut it three times.  First from the brown card stock for the background.  Then I die cut the thanks part from white card stock that I first sponged with the rainbow inks and once again from just white card stock for the bottom part of the sentiment.  I added the orange card stock to the card base then the main panel.  That panel was spritzed with shimmer spray before adding it to the base.  I also added yellow crystal for more sparkle.

You can see more from the JUGs design team and our November guest on the JUGs blog.

Thanks for stopping by!

Recipe
Paper:  White, orange, brown
Ink:  Sweet mustard, marigold, fresh pear, olive, evergreen, gathered twigs, sorbet, cranberry
Accessories:  Layered Fall Wreath stencil (PPP), Thanksgiving die (SSS), stitched rectangle (MFT), crystals, shimmer spray

10 comments:

Vicki Dutcher said...

Pretty card. Love the inking of the thanks

Carol said...

The colors you chose and the rainbow effect you made on the sentiment ended up with a great Thanksgiving card!!!! I think I need to beef up my stencil collection and now I also want shimmer spray!!! Great card!

Julia Aston said...

Beautiful colors used on your pretty stenciled background Lisa! Julia xx

Bobby said...

So colorful. Lisa.

cm said...

Crushing over your colourful Thanksgiving card, Lisa. The leaves are soooo pretty!
hugs~carol

Melissa Craig said...

Stenciling is my new favorite way to color. This is so beautiful, so vibrant and just perfect for the bold sentiment.

Lisa Elton said...

Such a cheerful card, Lisa and so cute!

Nancy said...

I love it when you use bright colors, Lisa! This is just wonderful!

Sue VanDeVusse said...

Lisa, this is so pretty with that beautiful stencil work on the background and blended sentiment! It was so great to be able to meet up with you for lunch last week and hope we can do it again on my next trip!

Ina G said...

Lovely colourful thanksgiving card Lisa.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin