Saturday, November 25, 2023

Just Us Girls #707 - CAS Week and a Fond Farewell

Hi friends!  It's our last challenge for 2023!  What a year of challenges it has been!  This week is our CAS week and Bobby has chosen In a Circle.  Lots of interpretation ahead!

I chose to use this new die set from Spellbinders.  A very simple but elegant ornament.  I also stenciled the background with a holly and berry stencil then cut it down to make it more CAS.  The ornament was simply die cut from red card stock and white glitter paper.  I used gold shiny paper for the hanger and green and red for the holly and berries.  I stamped the sentiment and die cut it with the corresponding die then added gold pearls for a more elegant touch.  I love this and may use it as my main card this year!

You can see more from the JUGs design team and our November guest, Melissa Craig, on the JUGs blog.  This is Melissa's last week with us and I'd like to thank her for the wonderful cards she's made this month!

On another note, it's been 14 years that I've been on this team.  We started it in October 2009 and I've been on it ever since.  I've really loved being a part of this team.  I've seen some amazing talent come across this challenge over the years and made some even more amazing friends.  I've even managed to meet a couple in person...Nancy Leppek while I was in Florida and just recently Sue Vandevusse who traveled from Michigan through my hometown where we met for lunch (I hope you stop again when you are on your way through!).  All this to say that I am stepping down from this team.  This will be my final challenge.  I'll probably regret it next year, but I just felt it was time.  Thanks to all my teammates and best of luck with the new challenge!

Thanks for stopping by! 

Recipe
Stamps:  Elegant Christmas Sentiments (Waffle Flower)
Paper:  White, red, green, gold shine, sugar crystal
Ink:  Versafiine onyx black, candy apple, evergreen
Accessories:  Festive Ornament dies (Spellbinders), Elegant Christmas Sentiments die (WF), Holly & Berries stencil (Honey Bee), stitched rectangle die (MFT), gold pearls

9 comments:

Vicki Dutcher said...

It’s been an amazing ride for you and JUGS! Thanks for all the support given over the years it was appreciated! Going out with a bang with this fabulous card! Good luck with your future adventures 😊

Carol said...

Thanks for all you have done for the challenge all these years Lisa! We will miss you and your cards but hope to see you in cardmaking nevertheless!!!! This card today is a beauty! Your soft background is so pretty and the ornament with its gold and bright Christmas colors is so festive!! I can see why you want to make it your card design this year.

Hugs, Carol Mc.

ElizStewart said...

Lisa... perfection!

Sue VanDeVusse said...

That big ornament taking center stage is beautiful! That stenciled background was the perfect pairing with it. I am so glad I got to meet you on my recent trip out east, but sad that you are leaving the team. Best of luck to you on your adventures!

Mitchygitchygoomy said...

Wow, Lisa! I remember you starting here! Crazy that it’s been 14 years! You are such a trooper, and yes, so many beautiful creations cranked out over the years. I remember when you started working with cut files! You were one of my tech/cardmaking hero’s! I also had the wonderful pleasure of meeting you through WNY Springfest, and of receiving some of your creative work that way. A beautiful festive card here for a fond and bittersweet farewell. All the best as you find whatever creative path awaits. I know you have far and beyond way to much stuff to not be cardmaking🤩🤩🤩

Nancy said...

Such a darling final card with JUGS, Lisa. I adore that set so much. It has been so wonderful working with you the past 10 years on JUGS and so glad we met in person too. Take care and Happy Holidays.

Bobby said...

Your frosty ornament is lovely all decorated with holly. It will be strange to not have you as part of the team, Lisa, and probably even stranger for you after 14 years. Thanks for the work you did behind the scenes. I hope to still see you in blogland.

Ina G said...

LIke Vicki said - going out with a bang with this fabulous creative fun Christmas decoration. Sad to see you leave JUGS but in doing so new adventures await you. Loved sharing our cards together. Merry Christmas.

Melissa Craig said...

Oh, no way! I honestly thought this was you that started JUGS! You've been such a familiar part of my life when I've been able to participate in the challenges. You will be missed.

Your card is wonderful! What a lovely ornament to look like pudding. Very sweet.

I wish you the best in whatever you're doing next. Be well.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin