Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Copic Colour Challenge #6

It's Wednesday and it's time for another Copic Colour Challenge! Did you see the colors? RV04 Shock Pink, R20 Blush, and E31 Brick Beige. Well, I immediately thought of an ice cream cone! I'm always thinking of sweets! LOL! Well, this is my interpretation of the colors. Not much coloring going on, but I think I used eight different colors on this little image (you can see all the colors I used in the Recipe below).

The image and sentiment are both by Amuse, and I actually had to buy these! All the stamps I own, and not one ice cream cone! After coloring it, I added stardust stickles to the ice cream. The Shock Pink is close in color to SU's Pixie Pink and matched well with their Sweet Always dp. I ran the pink paper through the swirls cuttlebug folder. The sentiment was punched with SU's new scallop oval punch, which will be available on April 1st in their Occasions Mini catalog. I also used their eyelet border punch. The chocolate chip corduroy button was threaded with some pink floss. Pretty easy card, except it took me two days to decide on a layout, which I'm not totally thrilled with. I think the polka dot dp needs to be layered on a piece of cardstock...it just looks lost there to me! LOL! Oh well, it is what it is! Thanks for stopping by and please drop in on the Copic Colour Challenge blog to see the awesome cards the ladies on the DT have come up with for this color scheme. I hope you can play along! I'd love to see your creations!
Recipe
Stamps: Amuse
Paper: PTI white, chocolate chip, pixie pink, Sweet Always dp (SU)
Ink: Memento tuxedo black, Adirondack espresso
Copic Markers: R00, 20; RV02, 04; E21, 31, 33; W-1
Accessories: Chocolate chip corduroy button, floss, swirls cuttlebug folder, scallop oval punch, eyelet border punch, nesties, Stardust stickles, dimensionals

9 comments:

Tina said...

What a fun image, colored wonderfully.

Kim said...

Lisa, that is beautiful - I love the colors of this challenge.

Meli Palmer said...

I love how the Cuttlebug folder mimics the swirls on the image! Too cute.

LeAnne said...

The whole card is so sweet! I love the colors, and your little button & floss is adorable! Have to remember that!
LeAnne

shulsart said...

What a great use of the 3 colors! Wonderful card, thanks for visiting my blog.

Cindy Haffner said...

Yummy yummy great colors.

Karen Mortensen said...

I really like this, you've brought the colours together beautifully and that sentiment is ace! Super!

xx

Christi Flores said...

This is sweet indeed! I love this!!

Deb M. said...

Love your card!! Beautiful work!!

TFS...

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin