Sunday, March 22, 2009

Stamp Club Cards

Hi everyone! Boy, have I been busy this week! I see I haven't posted since Wednesday! I missed my beloved Inspiration Challenge yesterday! I did do a card quickly, but it was unpostable (is that a word?)! I did not like the way it looked and it photographed even more miserably, so I let it go! I met with Tracy Harp and two other girls, Lynn and Beth, yesterday morning to discuss the second annual WNY Stamping Event Tracy is hosting in April. Last year she co-hosted it with Holly McMillen (Toy), but Holly has since moved to Colorado, so Tracy is hosting solo this year. Lynn, Beth, and I offered our help, and we met to discuss various things about the event. Cheryl Rowley and I are doing a copic marker tutorial since by then she and I will be certified copic marker instructors! Our class is tomorrow...it should be fun!

Anyway, I also had my card club meet Thursday night and I wanted to share three of the four cards we did. (I already posted the fourth one here.) This card uses the Sale-a-bration set Polka Dot Punches as well as the Delicate Dots dp from that catalog. I used a Lauren Meader sketch for it and was sort of going for a monochromatic look.














The next next one uses Branch Out, one of my favorites in the current SU catalog. I love all the extra stamps that come with it like a bird house to hang from the tree, a pair of gardening boots, a bird, butterflies, and the tire swing. I chose to hang the tire swing from the tree and have the butterflies fluttering about. I stamped them in saffron but had my girls stamp them in blue...they just showed up better. We used a post-it note to mask the top of the card and sponged celery ink on the bottom for the grass. We then used a scallop oval piece and sponged in the clouds and sky. The dp is Sweet Always and Tea party. The new scallop border punch was used on the vertical Tea Party piece. We used the key tag punch for the sentiment and the corner rounder for the corners. We finished it off with diamond stickles on the tree for SPARKLE (which is difficult to see here)!

For our final card, we used Friends 24/7. I love the damask stamp in this set and had them make their own dp with Baja Breeze ink. They were just thrilled to learn this technique. The stamp-a-ma-jig was an integral part of this technique, as everything had to be aligned just so. I did this technique on this card with an Inkadinkadoo damask stamp before I had this SU set. Love the look! The bird was also stamped in Baja Breeze, then a baby wipe was used to remove the ink from the branch and leaves. Close to cocoa and celery markers were then used to color in those parts. Easy peasy! I also showed them how to make this formal bow. Again, they thought it was some difficult process, but sooo easy! I love this card! There is a big ol' shadow under the bow...I have to get one of those light tents to take better pictures because this really bugs me! Hmmmm...my birthday is in a few weeks! Nice present, hubby!Well, that's all for today. I have to get my Copic Colour Challenge DT card done for Wednesday and get things ready for tomorrow's copic class! Have a great week and thanks for stopping by!

5 comments:

Tina said...

Lisa, they are all gorgeous! I am loving the Branching Out set,s o versatile!

Nancy said...

Lisa, what awesome cards!! I too love the tree set from SU!!

Lisa Brown said...

These are great, Lisa!

LeAnne said...

They're all beautiful! TFS!
LeAnne

diane zechman said...

my, what cute cards! I just ordered that birdie set- I saved your card for inspiration!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin