Saturday, February 21, 2009

Sweet Blue Bird


Hi everyone! This card was made for the SCS Inspiration Challenge (one of my favs next to the sketch challenges!). The website chosen as the inspiration is called Flutter and I chose this Sweet Blue Bird pillow as my inspiration.
It's a pretty literal translation, isn't it?
I started by stamping the damask from Inkadinkadoo's Bold Damask in So Saffron on Very Vanilla. I then overstamped it with the Canvas bg stamp in Creamy Caramel to get some texture like the pillow. Now the bird gave me trouble! It's also from a set by Inkadinkadoo called Winter Birds. I stamped it in Pacific Point, but since this stamp has so much surface area and is an acrylic stamp, it stamped very "splotchy". Does anyone know how to prevent this from happening? I stamped it about six times with the same results. Ugghh! After I stamped it, I colored in the flowers and stems with So Saffron and Really Rust markers. The bird in the inspiration had some of these colors in him as well. I tried to do something to mimic the sort of rope border around the pillow, but was hurrying, so I used SU's Sale-a-bration ribbon and made a formal bow. The sentiment is from PTI's Out on a Limb stamped in Pacific Point and punched with the large and small ovals. Done! I forgot to put some stickles on the bird. I wanted to do that to give him some pizazz, but forgot. He'll get them later! Thanks for stopping by and have a great weekend!
Recipe
Stamps: Bold Damask, Winter Birds (Inkadinkadoo); Out on a Limb (PTI); Canvas (SU)
Paper: Very vanilla, so saffron
Ink: So saffron, creamy caramel, pacific point, so saffron and really rust markers
Accessories: So saffron grosgrain ribbon, large and small oval punches, dimensionals

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lisa - this is a gorgeous inspired card!!! I love the Damask DP and the perfect ribbon bow!!! Don't worry about the bird - he looks great!!!!

Have a great weekend!!! Hugs ~S~

neverenoughrubberstamps said...

OK, This is just STUNNING!!!

I like the fact that it is different than any card I've seen around! Good for you for being unique! I just love it!
You are very talented!

Cheers,

Dorothy

P.S. I also love the puppy you are holding in your blog photo. What a little cutie!

Lisa Brown said...

So unique, so beautiful! Great job, Lisa!

Cheryl said...

Your inspiration cards are always amazing! I love the literal interpretaion you seem to always achieve! This card is gorgeous! I especially love the bg-it has so much texture!
Heather had this recent blog entry on stamping solid images. Maybe there is some help here:
http://pinefeather.typepad.com/pine_is_here/
(Is it terrible to hope for a snow day tomorrow!) LOL!

Christi Flores said...

Wow!! This is a perfect inspiration card!!

Denise Marzec said...

Holy Hanna!...your card is a PERFECT interpretation of that pillow. Oh my word, GREAT job! It's beautiful!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin