Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Buttons, Buttons Everywhere!


Have you been seeing all the buttons lately? PTI is introducing them as a new product line, and that's all I've been seeing! I just got these Latte buttons from SU today and wasn't intending on using them, but it went perfectly with this card! My SIL had knee surgery yesterday and I needed to make a card. I had forgotten that this Quilter's Sampler from PTI had this sentiment, spool of thread and needle in it! When I saw it, I knew those buttons would work in beautifully!
This card started with two challenges: the sketch challenge on SCS and the Color Throwdown challenge of regal rose, chocolate chip, and kiwi kiss. Love that combo! (As I was linking this, I read how Danielle came up with these colors: regal rose for roses, chocolate chip for chocolate, and kiwi kiss for kisses.) This is perfect for a Valentine, but I needed a get well card and it still works for that! When I do a color challenge, I take scraps of the colors I'm going to work with then proceed to my pattern paper. I find ones with those colors and then start paring them up. I found this gorgeous kiwi kiss piece in SU's new Raspberry Tart and the chocolate swiss dot piece in Bella Rose. They looked great together, so it was on to the other layers. I used the regal rose and PTI white and cut and embossed them with the curved rectangle dies. I stamped my image in close to cocoa and colored it with copic markers. The needle was stamped in Versamark and embossed with silver ep. Looks just like a real needle! I put the piece back into the die and sponged the rose ink around it because it was too white. The sentiment was stamped on the rose piece in Adrondack Espresso. The rose piece and the dp were sponged around the edges with close to cocoa. I had to run out in the middle of making this card for an appointment, so I stopped at JoAnn's to get some embroidery floss (of course in rose, kiwi, and chocolate!) so I could thread my buttons! I just used the rose and kiwi colors on this card. I didn't get too fancy on the inside. I just cut and embossed a rose piece and sponged the edges. The sentiment is from SU's retired Quick Thinking and I stamped the needle and just the thread. This layout was so easy to work with! I hope my SIL likes it! Thanks for stopping by!
Recipe
Stamps: Quilter's Sampler (PTI), Quick Thinking (SU retired)
Paper: Close to Cocoa, Regal Rose, PTI white, Raspberry Tart, Bella Rose
Ink: Close to Cocoa, Adirondack Espresso, Versamark, copic markers
Accessories: Curved rectangles dies, latte buttons, embroidery floss, silver ep, sponge, dimensionals

10 comments:

LeAnne said...

This is just about one of the cutest cards I have EVER seen! Oh, Lisa, you nailed this one! Perfect....I am still waiting to get this set, I guess I should check out PTI to see if they have it back in stock! You have made me want it even more!
Thanks for playing the challenge--you did such a great job!
LeAnne

diane zechman said...

Lisa, this card is perfect! I love the colors you chose!

Lisa Brown said...

This is precious, Lisa! Those buttons ARE great! I just received mine also and can't wait to use them!

dpkennedy said...

I love the patterned paper on this! Paired with the dots it's wonderful! Just an adorable image and card! Thanks so much for playing the CTD!

Tracy said...

Very cool stamp. I would have struggled with a stamp like that but you have made it look so nice.

Cheryl said...

Great card, Lisa! I love the colors, images, sentiment AND the buttons! I hope you're feeling better today! So sorry you were ill yesterday.
Thank you so much for the beautiful pink and brown get well card. I had bronchitis and got an antibiotic on Monday so am feeling much better!
Is your school near this horrible crash site? (geography is not a talent of mine!)

Broni said...

Wow, Lisa! This is gorgeous!! I love that sewing set and the button are just perfect!!!

Basement Stamper said...

Beautiful card, love all the elements of it, the buttons, the nestabilities. Gorgeous!

Kathryn said...

So wonderful -- such a great "Get Well card" -- :)

Barbara said...

Well, I just love this card! Love how it looks like you're sewing the button on! I'm going to have to steal this idea, LOL! Thanks for playing the Throwdown--hope to see you again next time.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin