Monday, February 23, 2009

Chelly with Clover

I just got my order from Paper Makeup Stamps today, and I had to ink one of them up! PMS is a fairly new company with really cute stamps! I love the fairy stamps. There are four out and I think four more which I've ordered on a preorder sale. I love coloring with my copic markers, and these are perfect for them! This is Chelly with her clover, so I made a St. Patty's Day card with her. The sketch is from PMS and it is their first one. I was going to use another sketch, then saw this one and it was so much better for this stamp. I started by pulling out all the green dp I had in my stash and came up with these two (both retired SU). The top one is from Bali Breeze and the bottom is from Brocade Background. I thought they should have some separation, so I used Vintage Cream and punched it with a Martha Stewart scallop border punch. Chelly was stamped on Vintage Cream with Adirondack black. I used about 15 different copic markers on this! I was even surprised by how many I put back into the container! I added glitter to her wings, the clover, her clothing and even her hair. She sparkles like a fairy should! The ribbon is actually a Christmas ribbon from AC Moore and is gold but looks green with these papers. The sentiment (inside and out and the shamrocks inside) are all those $1 Studio G stamps I got at AC Moore last year. (I really like the inside..."lucky to have you!" I'll save this for Kevin. He's mostly Italian, but a small part of him is Irish, and of course he's all Irish on St. Patty's Day!) I used a circle punch on the outside sentiment and layered it on the label punch (which is Old Olive). The shamrock bling is from JoAnn's and the butterfly bling is from Michael's (all purchased last year). It looks to me like the clover she is holding is a butterfly net and she's running after the butterfly! I'm really pleased with this card, considering I almost scrapped her because I didn't like the way she was looking as I was coloring her! But if you keep on coloring, you usually get a good result! What do you think? I have no business making a card when I have some papers to correct! Yikes! Thanks for stopping by!
Recipe
Stamps: Chelly with Clover (Paper Makeup Stamps); Studio G $1 stamps
Paper: Old olive, vintage cream, Brocade Background, Bali Breeze dp (both SU retired)
Ink: Adirondack black, old olive, copic markers
Accessories: Martha Stewart scallop border punch, label punch, 1" circle punch, ribbon (AC Moore), glitter, butterfly bling (Michael's), shamrock bling (JoAnn's), dimensionals

5 comments:

Cheryl said...

She is cute! Great coloring, papers, ribbon and sketch!

Meli Palmer said...

She is really precious. I like how you decorated the inside as well...it's nice to see people go to that extra mile!

Katie Cotton said...

This is adorable! Fantastic job!!!

Cassie said...

this is wonderful lisa! i love her red hair!!

Anonymous said...

What a sweet image! Wonderful copic copic coloring and I love all the glittery accents you added!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin