Saturday, February 14, 2009

Happy Valentine's Day!

Before I share my card with you, I want to wish everyone a Happy Valentine's Day! I hope you all have a very nice day with whomever you share it with! I was looking through my pictures saved on my computer one day and found this one and just had to share it with you!
This is what my hubby created for me on Valentine's Day in 2001! (In case you can't tell, the heart and arrow are spaghetti filled with sauce!) I just thought this was the cutest thing he's ever done! He's not one to buy flowers or candy, but he does goofy things like this! Isn't that a hoot? Well, I just had to share that today. We are going out to dinner with his sister and her hubby tonight, so I won't be getting any creative dishes like this one! Have a nice Valentine's Day and please read on for today's card.


Rhinestone Cowgirl
Did you see the inspiration challenge on SCS today? The inspiration are bras from a website called Artfull Bras! Quilters from South Carolina wanted to "make the public aware of breast cancer, to memorialize those lost to the disease, and to honor survivors." Well, these ladies must also have a sense of humor, because these bras they created are quite humorous! You really need to check out all 49 of them! The one I chose is Rhinestone Cowgirl. I knew I had a bunch of SU's retired Outlaw paper and a bra stamp, so I took it from there and this is what I came up with.

My layout is from Taylored Expressions Cupcake Challenge #55. I used three different patterns from the Outlaw pack and mounted them on a Sage Shadow base. I stamped the bra image from Gina K's Thanks for Your Support set in Adirondack Espresso and colored it with copic markers. It was cut and embossed with a circle nestie and mounted on really rust and chocolate chip scalloped circles. I placed bling on the dots of the bra and a rectangluar bling on middle part. The sentiment is from this set also, and it was stamped in Espresso and cut and embossed with a tag die. The little star bling was placed over the holes. The chocolate ribbon is SU's twill and I tied three pieces of twine around it. In the inspiration piece, the straps and trim were done in rope, so this sort of mimics that. Well, I had fun looking at all those crazy bras and making this one. I hope you have a great weekend. I am off for winter break this week (insert a loud YEAH right here!), so you'll be seeing more posts this week! Have a great weekend and Happy President's Day!
Recipe
Stamps: Thanks for Your Support (Gina K Designs)
Paper: Sage shadow, chocolate chip, really rust, PTI vintage cream, SU retired Outlaw dp
Ink: Adirondack Espresso, copic markers
Accessories: Circle and scalloped nesties, tag die, bling, chocolate twill ribbon, twine, dimensionals

5 comments:

Teresa Kline said...

I luv your card, so fabulous....awesome details and work! *~* I hope you had a wonderful Valentines Day!

Anonymous said...

Love your take on the inspiration challenge. So cute! :)

Cheryl said...

The spaghetti heart is sweet!
Great card for the challenge! Love all the bling! Great colors and sketch choice!

Ann said...

Lisa,
That is sooooo very sweet the sauce & spaghetti!
I about died when I saw your plate! If I am right & that is Mikasa (I think), that is the exact same pattern that my hubby & I had for our wedding "china"! Since neither of us were into china, we picked stoneware. I have never seen it since. We've been married now for 18 years!
What great memories you brought back for me! Do you have the whole set?
Stampin' Smiles from Ear to Ear,
Ann :)

Silke Ledlow said...

Lisa - this was a fabulous take on the IC!!! Love your bra image and the bling - oh la la!!!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin