Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Mojo 74

This week's Mojo Monday sketch is a real pretty one (Julee's sketches are always fabulous!). I started with this Sweet Always dp. It combines a weird color combo that really works nicely...regal rose, pumpkin pie, pink pirouette and then some chocolate chip thrown in. For the image I used Botanical Blooms, one of SU's sale-a-bration sets. I used to stamp-a-ma-jig to get the placement of the flowers and leaves just right. I used the cracked glass technique just for something different and because I've never done it before. I purchased the glassy glaze a while ago and just never used it. Pretty easy technique and you get a cool look. I inked up the image with Versamark between each layer. I tried it when it was still hot and it didn't stick very well. I also did not put ink over it to age it. I tried that and didn't like the look for this particular card. You should give it a try sometime. It's a fun technique! Thanks for stopping by!




Recipe
Stamps: Botanical Blooms, All Holidays
Paper: Whisper white, regal rose, pink pirouette, pumpkin pie, Sweet Always dp
Ink: Regal rose, pumpkin pie, certainly celery, black, chocolate chip, Versamark
Accessories: Glassy glaze, pretty in pink taffeta ribbon, swiss dots folder, marvy scallop punch, dimensionals

7 comments:

Teresa Kline said...

Lisa, this is fabulous....I luv these colors togther, thanks for palying with the mojo makers! *~*

Joey said...

Hi Lisa, this is fabulous, love the floral image and gorgeous colours. joey.x

Cheryl said...

Very pretty! I love this sketch! Beautiful colors and coloring1 the cracked glass looks really neat!

Lisa Brown said...

This is so beautiful, Lisa! Love the cracked glass here...WOW!

Dori Shelton said...

Very sweet! love the colors you chose

Melissa said...

Very pretty card Lisa! Wasn't this a great sketch this week?

Anonymous said...

Wonderful technique to use with that set. Great color combo too!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin