Monday, February 16, 2009

SFYTT Challenge

Well, I'm back with another sketch challenge! This time it's one of Jen del Muro's Sketch for You to Try (SFYTT). I just received this new SU paper called Parisian Breeze. The patterns are printed on textured cardstock, so it's much like regular cardstock. They have four different sets of this type of designer paper, and this one is fabulous! I just love the colors in it. I started with a PTI white base and used three different patterns in this pack. I paired it with sahara sand. The Tilda image is an RAK from my stamping buddy, Cheryl Rowley (thanks Cheryl!). She's a pro at coloring these Tildas, and mine isn't anywhere near her creations! I used copic markers to color her. Chosing the dp and coloring the image were a snap. What took forever was trying to decide what to use for embellishments! None of the flowers I had matched the colors I was using, some embellishments were too big, etc. So I decided to take these flowers, which were originally white, and color them with the darker copic marker. I've colored brads before to match, but never flowers. They came out darker than I thought they would, but they looked nice anyway! I placed a pearl in the center of each one. What do you think...are they too dark? Have a great day and thanks for stopping in!
Recipe
Stamps: Magnolia (Tilda), Mixed Messages (PTI)
Paper: PTI white, SU Parisian summer and sahara sand
Ink: Adirondack black, copic markers
Accessories: Prima flowers, pearls, curved rectangle nesties, circle punches, Martha Stewart border punch, dimensionals, white gel pen

6 comments:

Lisa Brown said...

I think the flowers are a great accent and your little Tilda is precious! great job!

Anonymous said...

Great card! Love that image! Hugs-Jd

Silke Ledlow said...

AWWWW - your Tidla card is adorable!!! Perfect take on the Sketch - Lisa!!! I love it!!!

Anonymous said...

Wonderful copic coloring on that adorable image. Love the punched border and the great flower accents.

LeAnne said...

That paper is divine, isn't it? And your little Tilda is so cute, great coloring!
LeAnne

Cheryl said...

I don't think the flowers are too dark-they look great, as does the whole card! I think you did a super job coloring her!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin