Thursday, February 5, 2009

Valentine Color Throwdown

If you are checking to see if you won my blog candy, the winner is posted on the original post here. Good luck!

Wow, the Color Throwdown colors for this week are fabulous...Pink Pirouette, Chocolate Chip, and Riding Hood Red! I couldn't wait to make this card! I chose to use these fat little cupcakes from Taylored Expressions. It's called A Year of Sweets and this is set one of four. This is actually a larger stamp with more images on it (a cupid, some clouds and three hearts), but I only wanted these fat little cuppies that barely fit into my Labels One die! So cute though, don't you think? They are colored with copics (I wish I would have left off the dots on their cheeks!), and I ysed some round bling for the cherries and placed a heart bling between them. I used SU's Bella Rose dp since it had all three colors of the challenge in it. And how about that ribbon? I just picked it up today at Michael's. I knew the colors of the challenge and could not pass up this one (and two others similar to it!)! I had to have it for this card! I used the slot punch to punch a hole just beneath the sentiment and tied the ribbon with the stylized silver hardware thingy (don't remember what it's official name is) through the slot. The sketch is from today's sketch challenge on SCS found here. On the inside, I cut another shape with the largest Labels One die in Pink Pirouette and used the sentiment from Verve's Hundred Hearts in Riding Hood Red. That's all for today, folks! Thanks for stopping by and starting year two of blogging with me!

Recipe

Stamps: A Year of Sweets (Taylored Expressions), Limitless Labels (PTI), Hundred Hearts (Verve)

Paper: PTI white, pink pirouette, chocolate chip, Bella Rose dp

Ink: Adirondack black, riding hood red, copic markers

Accessories: Labels One nesties, American Crafts ribbon, stylized hardware, slot punch, bling, dimensionals

12 comments:

Broni said...

Lisa, this is so cute! I just got my cupcakes from Taylor! I love your polka dot theme and that great bling!

dpkennedy said...

Those cupcakes are just adorable! Very cute card! Thanks so much for playing!

jacque4u2c said...

I love those little cupcakes - they look so cute! Great job!

Tammy Hershberger said...

Lisa, this is fabulous! I love your layout, the ribbon placement, everything! Thanks for playing the Throwdown!

diane zechman said...

Love the bling! Fun valentine!

Barbara said...

Love this card!!! Your coloring is awesome and the cupcakes are precious! Thanks for playing the Throwdown! Hope to see you again next week!

LeAnne said...

Well, this is too sweet! Your cupcakes are making me hungry! Thanks for playing again---you did another superb job!

Cathy Rulli said...

What a sweet card - love those cupcakes!!

Unknown said...

My gosh, how cute are those cupcakes! Love your card!

Cheryl said...

Cute card, Lisa! Love the colrs and the heart bling!

Silke Ledlow said...

Lisa - I already loved this card when I saw it over on SCS!!! But I had to tell you again how super cute and gorgeous it is - LOL!!!

I'm so sorry to hear about your uncle!!! My thoughts and prayers are with your family!!! Hugs ~S~

Kathryn said...

Love that cupcake stamp -- your card is super adorable! :)

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin