Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Exciting News...

Have you seen the blinkie proudly displayed on the top left of my sidebar? I was chosen as the Featured Stamper for last week's Color Throwdown Challenge for this card! You can also click on the blinkie and it will take you right to the post on the Color Throwdown blog! I even have a chance at being a Guest Designer on one of their challenges! How cool is that? I was so excited when I received the emails and posts on my blog from the girls informing me of this! If you've never played their challenge, hop on over there. These talented girls have some fabulous color challenges every Wednesday. Today's is a great one and I can't wait to play again...the colors are pink pirouette, chocolate chip, and riding hood red. Lucious Valentine's colors! Take a hop on over by clicking here!

On another note, today is the last day for my One Year Blogoversary giveaway. Go to this post and leave a comment. I'll chose a comment tomorrow using Random.org. Good luck to all of you who have left such nice comments! I love reading them! I will post the winner on the original post, so stop by again tomorrow!

I also have a card to share that I haven't posted yet. I think I made this last week, but forgot to post it.

I had been surfing the blogs last week, and saw different shades of purple and yellow together and loved how pretty they looked together. I also saw this sketch on the Hanna Stamps forum on SCS and thought I'd give it a go. I started with PTI's Plum Pudding cardstock and ribbon as well as their white. I stamped this image from SU's Kind Thoughts, colored it with copics, and mounted it on a plum scalloped nestie. I placed a flower brad from SU's stylized hardware in the middle. The dp is SU's new one from the Sale-a-bration catalog called Delicate Dots. I stamped the sentiment from (PTI's Simple Little Things) in Plum Pudding as well, but was not satisfied with the way it stamped...too light! I thought it was darker. There needed to be something in the upper right-hand corner for balance, so I placed three purple dew drops there. For the inside, I took a piece of the dp and scalloped it, stamped the sentiment, and stamped that little flower (also from Simple Little Things). That's it! Hope you enjoyed your visit and if you haven't already left a comment for my blog candy giveaway here, please do so until tonight at midnight (EST).
Recipe
Stamps: Kind Thoughts and Best Yet (SU), Simple Little Things (PTI)
Paper: Plum Pudding and White (PTI), Delicate Dots dp (SU)
Ink: Adirondack black, Plum Pudding, copic markers
Accessories: Stylized hardware, round and scalloped nesties, Plum Pudding ribbon, dimensionals,scallop edge border punch

4 comments:

Lisa Brown said...

Woo hoo! Congrats, Lisa...so well deserved! Love the card! Great color!

Cheryl said...

Very pretty caard, Lisa! I like the colors and all the circle elements. I have some of those flower brads and haven't used them! Works great here!

Silke Ledlow said...

WOW - gorgeous card - Lisa!!! I love the colors and the Set you used!!! You rocked the Sketch as well!!!

Silke Ledlow said...

Opppsss - I forgot to say Congrats on being the FS for the Color Throwdown!!! CONGRATS!!!!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin