...to be kind when making comments on this one! LOL! I had a tough time with this flower! It went through a couple of stages before this final version! This card combines two challenges...the Sketch Challenge on SCS today and the Color Throwdown Challenge. Love the sketch and the colors and I think I'm starting to like this card (remember...be kind!). The colors for the CTD challenge are tangerine tango, brilliant blue and ballet blue. I found these colors in SU's retired Jersey Shore paper. The swiss dot mat is the ballet blue. I stamped the flower from PTI's Remember, using the solid stamp, in the tangerine, then off-loaded some of the color before I stamped it again. It just seemed too dark when stamped in the full color. The detail stamp was done in brilliant blue. The stem and leaf outline are wild wasabi. I don't know if you can tell, but I painted the inside of the leaves with Shimmerz paint in celery. I was wishing I had an orange for the flower, but since I didn't, I glittered it up. I used the out-of-the-box technique for the flower, too. I had never done this before, but was eager to try it. I like the way this came out. For the quarter circles I cut and embossed both the dp and the scallop in the largest die. Then I cut it in half, then I cut it almost in half again so that it measured 2.5". The rest is pretty self-explanatory. Please let me know what you really think...I'd appreciate that! Have a great day and thanks for stopping by! See another card using this sketch below!
Stamps: Remember (PTI)
Paper: PTI white, ballet blue, tangerine tango, Jersey Shore dp
Ink: Tangerine tango, brilliant blue, wild wasabi
Accessories: Circle and scallop nesites, flower brad,shimmerzpaint, glitter, satin ribbon, swiss dots cb folder, dimensionals
So here's another card made with the SCS sketch. I used SU's A Good Egg as my main image and paper pieced both the egg and the chick. The egg was paper pieced with Tea Party dp and the chick with so saffron. Tip: When I paper piece small pieces like this, I run them through my Xyron machine. This way, the entire piece is covered with adhesive and they lay on the base much better. This is much easier than trying to get little bits of tap on the back of them. I used the Tea Party dp again for the circles and the horizontal piece and layered them over so saffron. The horizontal pieces were given a nice lacey effect with the Martha Stewart lace edge border punch. The certainly celery mat was run through the stylized flower folder. I placed a piece of certainly celery twill ribbon (from the Sale-a-bration ribbon bundle) under the main image and placed pink brads on either side of it. Lastly, I added a yellow and green prima to the main image, secured it with another pink brad, and pierced the opposite corner (it looked too bare). I have all this layered onto a base of PTI white cardstock. That's it! Another one done! I love being on vacation! Thanks again for stopping by!
Stamps: A Good Egg (SU)
Paper: PTI white, certainly celery, so saffron, Tea Party dp
Ink: Versafine black
Accessories: Circle and scallop nesties, Martha Stewart lace border punch, brads, primas, paper piercer, Xyron, dimensionals, stylized flower cuttlebug folder