Sunday, February 15, 2009


Did you ever forget someone's birthday? I do that all the time! I'm hoping to get more organized so that doesn't happen. I made a birthday box (a la Lauren Meader), which I'll share another time, that will hopefully help with that. But I purchased this stamp set from High Hopes a while ago just in case I did forget someone's birthday. She's Ellie, and isn't she cute? I just love that ribbon tied around her nose! I didn't decorate the inside yet, but there is a sentiment that goes along with it that says "I can't believe I forgot!" Cute!

I started this card with a sketch from High Hopes. I knew I wanted to color him with gray copics, so I looked in my stash for paper with gray in it. This dp is from Basic Grey's Ambrosia line. I love the stripes in this. The orange color paired nicely with SU's pumpkin pie and basic gray. After coloring Ellie, I ran a piece of pumpkin pie through this cuttlebug folder I just purchased. I layered all the pieces and paper pierced a line of holes along the right side of the gray piece. The ribbon is SU's taffeta basic gray, the large flower is a prima, and the small orange felt flower is SU's, as are the orange brads. The sentiment was stamped, cut and embossed with a tag die. I took a stipple brush and stippled pumpkin pie ink over the sentiment while it was still in the die. It looked too white, and this softenend it a bit. The main image and sentiment are on dimensionals. The peanuts at Ellie's feet is actually one stamp that I stamped three times. That's it! Thanks for stopping by, and enjoy your Sunday!
Stamps: Ellie Oops, peanut and sentiment (All High Hopes)
Paper: PTI white, basic gray, pumpkin pie (SU), Basic Grey Ambrosia dp
Ink: Adirondack black, pumpkin pie, copic markers
Accessories: Prima flower, SU felt flower, brads, SU basic gray taffeta ribbon, cuttlebug folder, dimensionals, paper piercer, corner rounder


Bev said...

Lisa this is adorable, how cute is the elephant!!! Love the splash of orange too

hugs Bev x

LaurieF said...

Your Ellie card is simply adorable Lisa. What a sweet belated b'day card. Can't wait to see your birthday box. I should do one of those too - it would help me get organized.

Cheryl said...

Very cute! Yes, I sometimes end up sending late cards! I don't forget so much as I just don't get a card made!
Love you coloring and colors on this card! The recipient is sure to forgive you!

Angela said...

He is so cute, and I just love those colors... Cute card,

Silke said...

Lisa - I hate to say it, but I'm the same way - LOL!!!

Love this belated card - the image is darling and your coloring is superb!!!


Blog Widget by LinkWithin