Monday, February 9, 2009

I Got My Mojo Workin'!

Did you ever hear that song? I don't know who wrote it, but my friends have a band and they play this song all the time. I always want to get up there with them and sing backup vocals! That's my "rock star" wanna be coming out!
Ok, so you are probably wondering why I brought that song up. Well, whenever I see the Mojo sketches, I think of that song! And today's Mojo Monday sketch was so perfect for what I needed. My 94 year-old uncle passed away over the weekend, and I went to the wake today and needed a card to give to my cousin. My mom was coming to pick me up and I only had half an hour to spare. So I set my timer, grabbed the sketch, and started working. I went with this Basic Grey Boxer paper. I thought it was perfect for a "man" card. I paired it with Night of Navy and PTI's Vintage Cream. I also used PTI's new With Sympathy set. I stamped the stems in Sahara Sand and the tops in Close to Cocoa. It was supposed to be the other way around, but both pads were open and I stamped the stems in the wrong pad! I didn't have time to start over, so I went with it! I stamped the butterfly and sentiment in Night of Navy. I used my rectangular nesties to cut out and emboss the main image and panel beneath it. I used the slot punch so I could pull the ribbon through, and added the Hodge Podge Hardware. I'm really pleased with the outcome, considering I was under a time limit! The sentiment on the inside is also from the set and it's one I've always loved for a sympathy card. I have this same sentiment from another company (don't remember which one) and use it for all my sympathy cards. You can click on the picture to see it better. Well that's it for today. Thanks for stopping by! I really appreciate all of your nice comments! Thanks so much!
Recipe
Stamps: With Sympathy, Simple Little Things (PTI)
Paper: Vintage Cream, Night of Navy, Basic Grey Boxer dp
Ink: Night of Navy, Sahara Sand, Close to Cocoa
Accessories: Hodge podge hardware, satin ribbon (Michael's), nestabilities, corner rounder, dimensionals

7 comments:

Cheryl said...

This is just lovely! You do great work under pressure! And had time to phots as well! So sorry about your uncle.
Cheryl

LeAnne said...

Gorgeous card! Love your choice of image and DP!

Doris said...

very, very nice

diane zechman said...

This is a wonderful Sympathy card...the Boxer dp was a great choice! I thought I didn't need that paper....oh my.

Crissy Armstrong said...

Oh that is one gorgeous card. Beautifully done!

Melissa said...

Your card is beautiful and perfect! My thoughts are with you during this time of loss.

Cassie said...

hi lisa! i found your blog from your post on the PCP PMS group! You have lovely cards - i've enjoyed browsing your blog! this card esp. I love - simple, graphic, beautiful!!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin