Thursday, February 19, 2009

All Boxed Up!


I've been saving this post for when I have nothing else to share! I've been very lazy today...I had a headache this morning and just lazed around watching TV and stopping by SCS and some blogs. That's it! Sometimes it's nice to have nothing to do.
I saw a video by Lauren Meader recently where she made this Birthday Box (as she called it). She made it with her My Timeless Template called All Boxed Up. You can see the video here. She gives all the details you'd need, so I won't go into that.

I've always loved this Urban Garden dp by SU, so I decided to use it for this project. The other colors I used were Kiwi Kiss, Baja Breeze, Sahara Sand, and Night of Navy. Aren't they gorgeous together? You need eight of the boxes from the template. You can find it here at Papertrey Ink. You are able to print the templates right onto your cardstock, however my printer wouldn't allow me to do that, so I just printed eight of the templates on regular copy paper and attached it to the cardstock with removable tape and cut and scored away! Very easy to do!
For the front, I cut and embossed three different sized ovals. On the smallest one, in vintage cream, I stamped "Handmade Stationery" from PTI's Simply Stationery set. I added a couple of flowers and a brad and some Kiwi Kiss satin ribbon. On Lauren's box, she punched tabs using the rounded tab punch and put two months on each tab. She was intending it to be used as a box to put birthday cards in for each month. I'm not sure what I'm using mine as. I was thinking of organizing it by type of card (birthday, sympathy, etc.) or even to hold some RAK images or ones I've colored but haven't used yet. I'm still thinking about it! So many options for it!
On another note, Bev from All the Things I Love is giving away two awesome blog candy packages! You should hop on over and check it out! Pretty awesome stuff! That's it for today folks! I'm off to a fundraiser this evening for our Buffalo Zoo. It's called Polar Bites! Should be fun! See you again soon!

6 comments:

jacque4u2c said...

Wonderful project! Thanks for sharing it. Just beautiful! Hope you feel better!

LeAnne said...

Gorgeous, Lisa! Thanks for sharing with us!
LeAnne

Anonymous said...

Lisa, Love how your box turned out, so inspiring!

Lauren (mytime) said...

This came out amazing! Love the colors. Hope your headache subsides soon! Im having one of those days today.
Hugs!

Anonymous said...

Oh wow! What a wonderful project Lisa. I think I am going to have to CASE you when I make one of Lauren's boxes. I just love the color combo and dp you used.

Tenia Nelson said...

Very cool!!!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin