Saturday, February 7, 2009

Hunky Dory Bird

Happy Saturday, everyone! It's pretty warm here today in Buffalo...finally! But it's very gray and wet, which I don't like! But, I'm off today, did some errands, saw my SIL's new cockapoo puppy, Holly, (soooo cute), and I stamped! A good day so far, and after I post this, I'm off to play with my little nephews, Ethan and Kristoff! An even better day!
This is for today's Inspiration Challenge on SCS. Stephanie chose this pretty funky website for home furnishings called Hunky Dory Home. I chose this blue and brown canvas print for my inspiration. I'm so drawn to blues and browns, and I thought it would be a very simple card to do (which it was), however it took longer than I anticipated...don't they always? {Sigh} I didn't get very good coverage on the Inkadinkadoo bird, which I stamped in Tempting Turquoise, so I had to start over. That's what I don't like about doing a card with no layers. Anyway, I started by scoring 1/4" lines around the perimeter of this 4 1/4" square card. Then I stamped the bird, marked off the bottom and sides and, using a stamp-a-ma-jig, stamped this branch from Embrace Life in Chocolate Chip. Very easy! Then I think I went through every stamp I own to find "just the right one" for the sentiment and came up with this. I was going to use one that said "Happy Birthday You Old Bird", but I didn't think it went with the card! Funny saying, but for another card, not this one! I highlighted the flourishes on the bird and the leaves with a Sakura Gelly Roll pen in a clear color just for some shine (I love shine!). That's it! I didn't have time to decorate the inside...that will be another project! Thanks for stopping by and enjoy the rest of your weekend!
Recipe
Stamps: Birds Galore (Inkadinkadoo), Embrace Life (SU), Impression Obsession (sentiment)
Paper: PTI White
Ink: Tempting Turquoise, Chocolate Chip
Accessories: Scor-pal, Sakura Gelly Roll pen
Ok, I'm back from visiting my nephews and they had a surprise...Uncle Kevin came later to visit and play! Here are some pictures of the rough housing that went on! I think the boys (including Uncle Kevin) will sleep well tonight!
Aren't they cute? Ethan is the older one and Kristoff is the little one. He is the one who had bowel surgery in July just one week after his first birthday. He is such a little bruiser! He can bring down his big brother in no time! They sure had fun and I had fun watching them. My mother was nervous that they'd hurt each other! She hasn't been around little boys for a long time! Thanks for letting me brag about my nephews!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful inspired card!!! Love the simplicity!!! Have fun playing!!! Hugs ~S~

Lisa Brown said...

Love the card, Lisa. Beautiful simplicity! looks like there was some fun going on!

Cheryl said...

Such a beutiful card! It is funny how the clean and simple ones can take as much time as a more complicated card! Worth the time, I say!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin