Saturday, April 18, 2009

Birthday Lauren

Hi everyone! I thought I'd make a Birthday Lauren card from Paper Makeup Stamps today because tomorrow is my birthday! So I thought I'd start celebrating now! My best friends, Maria, Tracy and Eileen, took me out to dinner last night and we had a really nice time chatting and drinking some wine. They presented me with some awesome gifts...a new charm for my Pandora bracelet, another silver and black bracelet (I LOVE bracelets!) and a gift card to White House/Black Market! I have some awesome friends, let me tell you!

So, I used a Lauren Meader sketch for this card. It's actually one I've used before in this card, except I used an oval instead of a circle (sorry Lauren!) to accommodate this lovely image. I started with this gorgeous dp from SU called Tea Party. I am just lovin' this dp! I've used it several times! I colored Lauren accordingly and cut and embossed the image using an oval nestie. I mounted it on a piece of Regal Rose that was cut and embossed with an oval scalloped nestie. The top square is Tea Party and the bottom one is from Sweet Always dp (another fav of mine right now!). I colored the pearls with a pink copic marker to get the exact match I wanted (love this about these markers). I used a cool Martha Stewart punch for the sides (don't know the name of it). I love this punch! Lauren was given some "fairly dust" with a Spica clear star glitter pen. It gives the most wonderful **SHIMMER**. Fairies should **SHIMMER**, don't you think? LOL!

Well, thanks for stopping in today. I have lots to do today, so my post was done way early! I'll be dragging tomorrow for sure! Enjoy your weekend!
Recipe
Stamps: Birthday Lauren (PMS), All Holidays (SU)
Paper: PTI white, regal rose, Tea Party and Sweet Always dp
Ink: Memento tuxedo black
Copic Markers: R20, 85: RV13; G21, 24; YG41; YR21, 23; E00, 02, 35; W-1
Accessories: Pearls, nesties, Spica clear star glitter pen, small oval punch, Martha Stewart border punch, dimensionals

9 comments:

Cheryl said...

Beautiful card, Lisa! I love the punch on the side for added interest! Great coloring on this little fairy! How did it get to be April 18th already!
Happy birthday tomorrow!
(My card will be late!)
Have a great day!

Kim said...

Happy Birthday Lisa! I love your birthday Lauren - she is so pretty with the colors you chose. I finally got that flourish edge punch and can't wait to use it. Have a great day!

Michele Kovack said...

Beautiful! Your coloring is fabulous! Love the DP and the lil' pearls!

Tina said...

Happy Birthday Lisa!! This card is just gorgeous!

Lauren (mytime) said...

Happy (early) birthday!! Love your card! WOW! The colors are stunning too. You do such beautiful work :D

Danni said...

Hope your birthday is wonderful!!
This card is just too pretty!! You really did a wonderful job!

*kathleen* said...

very pretty, love the punch!

Mary said...

Great work! I adore the colors with all the great pink! Thanks for sharing!

Dawn Easton said...

Lisa, this is so pretty!! Sorry I missed your birthday!!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin