Thursday, April 16, 2009

Bloomin' Beautiful

I don't remember if I've ever used this beautiful bloom from SU's Bloomin' Beautiful, but I love it! Such a pretty image. My friend Cheryl Rowley came over on Tuesday and we did some things for the second annual SCS WNY Spring Fest Stamping Event that's happening here in Buffalo, NY on April 25th. It's hosted once again by former Dirty Girl Tracy Harp (lodichick). We had so much fun at last year's event and I'm looking forward to it again this year!

Cheryl and I were playing around with some images and our copic markers. I colored this, then sort of threw it off to the side. I picked it up later in the evening and really liked the colors and decided to make it into a card. I chose this sketch from Card Positioning Systems, then went right for this Ambrosia dp from Basic Grey. This pack has some fabulous orange colors in it and I really liked this one. I pulled out the following colors from the dp for my accent rectangles: tangerine tango, basic gray, more mustard, and riding hood red. I ran these pieces through the swiss dots folder, put some gray taffeta ribbon around the image, rounded the right corners, and stamped and punched the sentiment. I also added yellow stickles to the center of the flower and sponged tangerine tango ink around the image and sentment. Voila! A card done in no time! This really came together quickly. Great image, great paper...you can't go wrong!

I better get going and continue working on all the projects I need for this stamping event. I have lots to do and it's only 9 days away! Thanks for stopping in! Love all the wonderful comments you've been leaving! Very much appreciated!
Recipe
Stamps: Bloomin' Beautiful (SU), Mixed Messages (PTI0
Paper: PTI white, basic gray, tangerine tango, more mustard, riding hood red, Ambrosia dp
Ink: Memento tuxedo black, tangerine tango
Copic Markers: YR07, 14, 68; Y17; G21, 24, 28; W-1
Accessories: Basic gray taffeta ribbon, circle punches, corner rounder, swiss dots cb folder, yellow stickles, dimensionals

8 comments:

Danni said...

This is so pretty! I just love that SU set, I must purchase it soon!

Tina said...

So wonderfully colored! The papers are perfect.

Nancy said...

Gorgeous, Lisa!! I love this set, and I love the colors that you chose!

Nancy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Meli Palmer said...

:o) I love all the layering!

Linda Beeson said...

This is so wonderful! That flower is so gorgeous with wonderful colors and it sure does go with that paper great. Love your use of that CPS sketch.

LaurieF said...

Such a pretty b'day card Lisa. Love the copic coloring and that great dp.

Charity Hassel said...

amazingly pretty! thanks for using the cps sketch this week!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin