Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Just Sitting Here...

...thinking about you. What a nice sentiment...especially when a dog is involved! LOL! This is for today's Sketch Challenge on SCS. What a great sketch for bigger stamps!

I fell in love with this set from Flourishes called
Chairs for You and purchased it awhile ago. This is the first time it's seeing ink. I also had wanted to paper piece the chair. Today I saw a post on the blog of my PMS DT buddy, Christi, where she paper pieced a couch and I guess it all fell into place!

I stamped the chair and sentiment in Memento tuxedo black and stamped the chair once again on this dp from SU's Bella Rose. I cut out the pieces of the dp and ran it through my Xyron machine. This is something I do all the time when I paper piece. That little machine comes in handy for this technique. If you had to have one and it's collecting dust somewhere, pull it out if only for this technique! It's really great! I then colored the wood part of the chair with copic markers and used a little bit of gold Spica pen for some of the accents on the chair. The two horizontal pieces of dp are also from Bella Rose. That little pooch was colored with copics, cut out and mounted with dimensionals on the chair. My Lizzie is not allowed on the furniture or on any rugs in our house! Too much shedding! This pooch does look a little mischievious sitting there, doesn't she? Like she's not supposed to be there! I finished it off with some Riding Hood Red taffeta ribbon and dew drops on the top.

Thanks for stopping in today and please scroll down to see my other post today. It's for the Copic Colour Challenge, so please take a peek!
Recipe
Stamps: Chairs for You (Flourishes)
Paper: PTI white, chocolate chip, Bella Rose dp
Ink: Memento tuxedo black
Copic Markers: E25, 27, 31, 33, 35; R20, 46; W-1
Accessories: Xyron, dew drops, RHR taffeta ribbon, Spica gold glitter pen, dimensionals

3 comments:

Christi Flores said...

This is absolutely perfect Lisa!!!

Cheryl said...

Adorable! I AM one of those people who had to have a Xyron and it sits unused! Thanks for the tip!

Tina said...

Holy moly, this is amazing!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin