Saturday, December 5, 2009

Just Us Girls Sketch Challenge

I LOVE sketch challenges! They are so helpful to me because I need something to get me on the right track. I just have such a hard time sitting down and deciding how to layout my card. Just having something in front of me, even though I may change it up a bit, is such a weight off my shoulders! Then my creative process begins! So here is the great sketch Pam came up with for our challenge this week.Isn't it great? All day, I was trying to figure out what to do with those circles, but it all came together. I decided to make another Christmas card to add to my stash of cards I need to send out (soon!).I'm really very happy with this card. This stamp is from an Inkadinkadoo clear stamp set called Ornate Christmas. I used this last year in black and thought it would look just as good in red. Pam's sketch was perfect for it. I ran the Riding Hood Red pieces through the textile folder. It sort of mimics the design in the stamp. The ribbon is also Riding Hood Red, and I finished it off with some prima poinsettia flowers, gold glitter dots, and the MS ferns. I just purchased a bunch of dies not to long ago, and this one was just the right one.

The Just Us Girls team has more delightful cards for you using this sketch (and I think we all did holiday cards!), so you really need to stop by the Just Us Girls blog to see them! And please stop by their personal blogs to leave some love!

If you decide to play, link your direct post to Mr. Linky on the JUGS blog. We'd love to see what you do with this sketch!

I have another post after this one...a sneak peek of a new fairy from Paper Makeup Stamps. Please take a look because it's a really cute one! Have a great weekend!
Recipe
Stamps: Ornate Christmas (Inkadinkadoo)

Paper: PTI vintage cream, riding hood red
Ink: Riding hood red

Accessories: Nesties, riding hood red satin ribbon, prima flowers, glitter dots, textile folder, dimensionals

12 comments:

AKiteFlier said...

Lisa Lisa - I likey I likey - A LOT - this card is stunning in the red and white. I love the fern leaves popped behind the poinsettias and the silver glitter dots in the middle of it all - Thanks for making my sketch look SO good - you really did a fab job here.

Mona Pendleton said...

OOO Lisa! That red embossed paper looks amazing! I like your red & silver color combo with a touch of green. Those Poinsettias look lovely! You really did a great job with Pam's sketch :)

LeAnne said...

How pretty, Lisa! I love what you've done here...very striking! That sentiment is perfect for this sketch!

Alicia Weiman said...

Love your card. The poinsettas and little punched sprigs just make it pop!

Katie Cotton said...

this is just sooooooo pretty!

Michelle VP said...

Gorgeous use of this sketch! Love the poinsetta and gold brad accents. :)

Maria said...

Fabulous job with the sketch, this is beautiful!

Unknown said...

I love how this turned out! The labels 5 die really worked well with this! Gorgeous job Lisa!!!

Cheryl said...

Just gorgeous, Lisa! Love the great sketch and your cards always shine!

Andrea M said...

Love your card, Lisa! The sentiment stamp is gorgeous! The poinsettias and the embellies are fabulous. I love the detail in the gold glitter dots. This is so stunningly pretty! Thanks so much for the gorgeous inspiration!

Davi said...

WOW this is really pretty. The texture and that sentiment is really nice. I love those glitter dots and theway you used them in the poinsettia centers!!

Dana Gustafson said...

Lisa! YOu and Kristin have lock on beautiful poinsettias! I love your elegant card! YOu are one classy gal!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin