Saturday, July 14, 2012

Just Us Girls #145 - Technique Challenge

Happy Saturday!  Is it hot and sticky where you are?  It is here!  So why don't you sit in your air conditioned stamp room and play along with our technique challenge over at Just Us Girls.  This week, I'm the hostess and I love all the Stamp TV techniques that Gina K does.  So I've chosen the Faux Window technique.  It's easy and you can use it for any season.   Let me show you what I've done with this technique.

I stopped into my stamp store unexpectedly today, and they had a great sale going on.  They had a buy one get one free sale on the Heartfelt Creations stamps.  I found this one called Mystic Hideaway.  It was just the perfect image I needed for this technique.  I looked up this stamp set online and they had examples of how it was colored and I followed one pretty closely.  I used copic markers in the YG, BG, E, and W color families.  After I had it colored, I cut it into a square, then cut it into fourths.  The squares were mounted on a piece of basic gray cardstock, then again onto white cardstock.  This give the impression of a window pane.  That whole piece was mounted onto another piece of basic gray cardstock that was impressed with PTI's woodgrain plate.   The sentiment is from a Darcie's stamp set (which didn't have a name on it, just a number).  I cut it out with a Cuttlebug die and ran a sheer dotted ribbon through it.  I added some Star Dust stickles on some of the vines and the grass. 

You can see more fabulous inspiration from our JUGs design team on these blogs.
Thanks for stopping by today!  Hope you can play along this week!
Photobucket

3 comments:

Lynn said...

Oh wow! I'm sitting here in awe! Your coloring is absolutely amazing Lisa!

Vicki Dutcher said...

What a gorgeous colored scene! This was a fun technique - thanks for the challenge!

Marisa said...

What a fun image and fabulously coloured too! Great show of today's technique :) I'm hanging my head in shame about mine...need to get some scenery stamps!! Lovely as a Tree is on my hit list now LOL!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin