Saturday, July 21, 2012

Just Us Girls #146 - Color Challenge

Hi everyone!  Are you in the mood for a great color challenge from Just Us GirlsAndrea chose a fabulous one for us.  These are some of my very favorite colors!  I wear them a lot and love to craft with them too!

I found these colors in the My Mind's Eye Hattie Papers pack.  I paired  it with this little cutie Pure Innocence girl called Make Mine a Double.  I paper pieced her dress and colored the rest of her with copics.  I added some Star Dust Stickles to the hearts and ice cream.  I love what some crafters have been doing with their embellishments, and I copied one I saw on Amy Sheffer's card.  I love the way it turned out.  I also pulled out my Pixie Singer craft sewing machine and did some stitching on my card.  I haven't used it in a while because the thread was always coming out of the needle while I was sewing and it was very frustrating!  But it didn't do it this time.  I think the problem was that I had taped the edges of the paper and the needle was getting stuck.  This time, I just ran some tape in the middle of the papers to keep them from moving around.  That seemed to work!  I need some practice, though.  I'm not a very straight and neat seamstress!

I also followed this week's MFT sketch.  I've been loving using them!  I'm also entering this into Crazy 4 Challenges.  Their challenge this week is to add stictching to your card.

You can see more inspiration on these blogs.

Thanks for stopping by!  Enjoy your weekend!

Photobucket

5 comments:

Cheryl said...

Love your colors and card, Lisa! Super cute! Tell me about the chocolate piece behind the girl-a die cut?
Have a great day!

Lynn said...

Oh that sweet little girl...love her...and your use of the colors is amazing Lisa!

Marisa said...

Love those papers and you have use the MFT sketch wonderfully! Your paper pieced dress is adorable and well done with the stitching :) Great take with this week's colours!

Tara Godfrey said...

Awww...what a sweet card, Lisa! Love the adorable dress that you paper pieced on the PI girl and the flower bow is so pretty!
Hugs,t

Andrea M said...

Hello wonderful Lisa!!! This card is GA-GA-GORGEOUS!!! WOWZAS!!! Every detail is just poifect! Beautiful work my friend!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin