Friday, August 31, 2012

My Time Made Easy September Preview - There's No Place Like Gnome

Hi friends!  Can you believe we are in previews of the My Time Made Easy September release?  The summer sure did fly by!  I've been in my classroom all week getting it ready for the kiddos next Wednesday.
 
So with October and Halloween right on the heels of September, I've gone with that route today.  This new template is called Mush-Room House.  Yes, it's supposed to be a mushroom and a very cute one too, but as always with the MTME templates, they are very versatile and can be used quite differently.  We also have some gnome images being released this month to go along with this template, hence the title of my post!

 
To me, this template looked like a Tiffany lamp.  I found this old SU Halloween paper that looked like stained glass. 
 
To make it look more Halloween-ish, I added these bats from Silhouette America and added orange crystals for the eyes.  I added a glass gem to the top.  I think this is so cute!

Here's how you can package some goodies in this template.  I took off the top and added peanut M&Ms in the base.  I didn't take a picture of it, but you can also add some goodies in the top.  There are flaps that open and close, but I chose to tape them closed.
 
The card uses more new products for this month.  The text paper is from the Hauntingly Homemade digital paper pack.  The banners, label, and sentiment are from the Hauntingly Homemade digital stamp set.  I love that sentiment.  So popular now too!  The spider in the middle of the flower is a button I picked up last year at JoAnn's. 
 
I used this week's Mojo Monday sketch.
 
Stop by these blogs to see what previews the MTME design team has for you today.
 
 
You be able to see, purchase, and begin creating tomorrow, September 1!  You will find all the new products here.
 
Thanks for stopping by!  I'll be back with the new release tomorrow, so stop by again! 

Photobucket

10 comments:

Romaine said...

Lisa! Ca-UTE! Love how the mushroom is a lamp and I love the layering of the Halloween card!

Anonymous said...

This is adorable Lisa! Love the Halloween spin on both projects.

Unknown said...

Hiya stranger :) LOVE these projects you made today! Very clever and 'out of the box' thinking!!! Love it! Hope all is well with you!

Farida Rone said...

Wonderful set Lisa!!!
Great work.
Hugs,
Farida

Dayna Sabrina said...

I love this lamp! It's absolutely adorable!

Julia Aston said...

how fun! love your Halloween lamp with the spooky bats and pretty papers!

Debbie said...

Oh my gosh, Lisa ... I adore your sweet Halloween take on the Mush-room House template!!!!

Anonymous said...

Oh my holy goodness, your creations are awesome!!! Looove the idea of going Halloween with them!!

Tina said...

Crazy cute! I love the paper, totally looks like stained glass! The bats add a touch of spook too!

Amy said...

I love that you made a Halloween card! I'm always chomping at the bit to get my Halloween things out. Maybe if I let myself make some cards it wouldn't be so hard holding off. And I love your "lamp"! How clever is that! I'm just getting back into the paper scene. I'll have to check out My Time Made Easy. Thanks!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin