Thursday, August 23, 2012

Pretty Palette #69

Hello my friends!  We have new a new Pretty Palette color challenge this week that I just love!
 
 I had fun making this card, however that top border gave me some problems, and I'm still not happy with it!  More on that later.  I wanted to make a sort of grown up back to school card for my niece.  We are taking her to her new dorm room today.  She is going to be a freshman in the pre-med program and will live on campus at the University of Buffalo.  It's only about 30 minutes from her home, but far away for her to feel she is on her own.  We are so proud of her!
 
I started with the kraft Steno Note cut file.  So easy to cut with the Cameo!  Then I layered the sentiment, from Sensational Sentiments, onto this notebook paper from School Ruled digital paper pack.  Then I printed out the alpha paper from the Alphabet Soup Collection 1 digital paper pack.  Now for that border.  I used the Border Builders Elegance Scallop cut file to cut that piece out of kraft cardstock.  Then I paper pierced it and used a white gel pen to do some faux stitching.  I tried to do some actual stitching, but I had so many problems!  I needed to go to JoAnn's to buy some thinner thread, I loaded up the bobbin twice (the first time the string was all wobbily and unevenly loaded on there), the bobbin jammed while sewing so I had to cut another piece of kraft border, then when I got it working my stitching was way too crooked!  Hence, the faux stitching!  LOL!!  I gather I have to practice more with my straight stitching!  I added some stars, kraft ribbon, and a button and twine. 
 
The Design Team really did a fabulous job with these colors.  See for your self at these blogs.
 
 
We will announce our new Design Team members in our next Pretty Palette challenge.  Thanks for stopping by! 

Photobucket

4 comments:

Lynn said...

Big huge congrats to your niece! This card is fabulous and sure to be super appreciated!

Cheryl said...

Great colors and an absolutely terrific card!! All the best to Maria!!

Romaine said...

Wow! Congrats to your niece! How exciting! I love the looks of this card! I have a notepad punch that I do not use nearly enough!

diane zechman said...

Great card, Lisa! I don't use stars enough!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin