Thursday, October 18, 2012

Pretty Palette #73

Hi there friends!  I'm here with another Pretty Palette color challenge.  I don't remember what the inspiration was for these colors, but I'm lovin' them!
 

This big, pretty flower is from the Be Dazzled digital stamp set from My Time Made Easy.  I colored it in GIMP using the colors from the swatch above.  I printed out two of them (wish I had printed three) and cut away part of one so I could layer it on top of the full one.  When I was coloring it in GIMP, I created a slightly darker shade of the blueberry so that it had more depth to it.  I added some Star Dust Stickles to the center of the flower.  The kraft embossed piece I found in my stash.  I believe that is an embossing folder from SU, as is the ribbon.  The paper is from My Mind's Eye called Moments.  The tag was punched with a Martha Stewart punch and I stamped the sentiment, from Tending the Garden acrylic stamp set (love all those little sentiments in that set...so versatile!) on it and attached it with some twine.  All of this was placed onto a black layer and then on some Neenah cardstock.

The sketch is a classic from Freshly Made Sketches.

You can see more inspiration using these colors on these blogs.
 
 
Thanks for stopping by today!


Photobucket

9 comments:

Romaine said...

Love it Lisa! Especially love the background paper on the top! So perfect for your chosen palette! Maybe it was the original inspiration? ;0)

Caroline said...

This is gorgeous Lisa love the colours and I love the flower. Caroline xxx

Dawn said...

Love the flower it just pops off your card, stunning. x

Anonymous said...

Loving the embossing and MME paper, Lisa. It goes really well with your beautiful flower. Tracy:)

Jen Mitchell said...

Love this! The pretty collage paper works so well with the embossed layer and the big, bold flower. Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches!

Theresa said...

I just love your card Lisa. That flower is great and I love the embossing.

LeAnne said...

Gorgeous, Lisa! I just love your DP and that flower pops right off the card! So glad you were able to play with my sketch this week!

Jen Timko said...

How pretty this is! The pop of that flower really is stunning. Glad you joined us this week at FMS!

Jen Sannes said...

Fabulous job combining these two challenges! I love how soft and vintage your card turned out. :) Thanks for playing along with us at FMS!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin