Saturday, February 2, 2013

Just Us Girls #174 - Sketch Challenge

Happy Saturday!  I'm posting this late because I forgot last night was Friday and that I had to get a card done.  I'm a last minute kinda girl, so that gets me into trouble sometimes!  But, I couldn't miss a JUGs sketch challengeVicki created this lovely sketch this week.
 
I won this stamp set from Flourishes a couple of weeks ago by commenting on their Facebook page.  I couldn't believe it, because I rarely win anything I enter!  This set is called Roses are Red, but I decided to color them in peachy color.  When I got married, my girls carried Sonia Roses (see the picture below).  They wore a shrimp colored dress and these roses were such a beautiful compliment.  I had stephanotis in my bouquet, and the little flowers in this image I believe are those flowers.  I paired it with paper from Graphic 45's Once Upon a Springtime and olive cardstock.  Some Prima pearl flouishes finish it off.  I also added some Star Dust Stickles to the flowers.
 
Here is the picture of my inspiration for the colors.
 
The JUGs DT has some beautiful cards for your inspiration.  Stop by these blogs to see for yourself!
 
 
Thanks for stopping by today!

Photobucket

6 comments:

Hannelie said...

Beautiful card Lisa!
I love the peach color.
Hugs
Hannelie

Anonymous said...

Lisa, this is just gorgeous!! Beautiful colors and beautiful coloring!!

Marisa said...

Oh wow, Lisa! You have coloured the image to perfection! It's stunning. Love the coral and olive together and what a lovely shape to frame the flowers. Great touch with the rounded corners too!

Elise said...

It was WORTH the wait for THIS, sweet girl! LOL! Your color work is A-MAZ-INNNNG! I love the photo, but your card is truly, a piece of art! Glad you won that set - it was BORN to be stamped by YOU! <3 Great job, darlin'!

Vicki Dutcher said...

Seriously worth the wait -- stunning coloring!!

administrator said...

Hi

I'm an editor's assistant and I help run a blog called "Weekly Scrapper".
My company has shown an interest in a project of yours, we'd like to repost it on our blog and facebook page.
Our facebook page has a 100k+ fans and counting.

Here is a link to the Facebook page http://www.facebook.com/SCRAPBOOKEXPO

It would be great if you could email me back, we're always looking for Great content!
Also, please reference this blog post / project and (Stamping, General, Floral Bouquet W/ White Frame)

Sincerely,

Nick Cianflocco
Nick@scrapbookexpo.com
Weekly Scrapper Editors Assistant
WeeklyScrapper.com
Scrapbookexpo.com

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin