Saturday, February 9, 2013

Just Us Girls #175 - Technique Challenge

Happy Saturday!  It's time for another Just Us Girls challenge, and this week I'm the hostess!  I chose the masking techinque.  There are a variety of ways to used the masking technique, so it should be fun seeing what everyone creates.
 
I used a basic masking technique on my card.  The stamp set I used was Up, Up & Away by Papertrey Ink.  I thought these hot air balloons would be a good choice for masking.  When you do this technique, you have the tendency to want to stamp what's in the background first, but that is just the opposite of what you do.  I stamped the big red balloon first, then masked it and stamped the blue balloon and masked it.  (I used Eclipse Masking paper, but you can use Post It notes or typing paper with removable adhesive.)  Next, I stamped the green balloon and masked that.  Finally, with all masks on, I stamped the clouds and baskets of the balloons.  It is a very easy technique to accomplish, but you really have to think about the process before you actually start stamping! 

You can see more inspiration from the JUGs design team at these blogs.

JUGs blog
 
Recipe
Stamps:  Up, Up & Away (PTI)
Paper:  Neenah white, real red, Dolled Up (MME)
Ink:  Real red, cool caribbean, wild wasabi, soft sky, chocolate chip
Accessories:  Square nesties, banner dies (WPlus9 Designs), ribbon, Bow Easy, pearls, dimensionals
 
Photobucket

3 comments:

Marisa said...

Love those balloons! Lovely use of the masking and a great sketch. Lovely take on the challenge. Have a great w/e :)

Vicki Dutcher said...

What a fun Spring themed card! We have had a ton of balloons here in my town the last 2 weeks. They are really fun to watch. Fun technique!

Mona Pendleton said...

So pretty Lisa! Lovin' all those pretty colored hot air balloons and fluffy clouds! Thanks for the inspiration!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin