Thursday, February 7, 2013

Pretty Palette #81

There's a new Pretty Palette color challenge going on over at the My Time Made Easy blog.  When I looked at this palette again, I thought, "what was I thinking?" But then once I started playing around, I found I really liked this combination of colors.

I wanted to stamp and color.  MTME has a bevvy of digital products, but they also have some great stamps.  I created the diamond shape background using the Amazing Argyle stamp set.  I colored the flowers using the red, celery, and eggplant colors.  I went searching for some orchid gingham ribbon I thought I still had, but found it was all used up!  I came across this orchind rick-rack ribbon and used that instead.  I placed a big ol' red heart in the middle and made it a Valentine card.  It wasn't my intention, but that's where the inspiration took me!  For the sentiment, I reached for the Sentimental Occasions stamp set and stamped it in Versafine black ink.  To fill up some of that white space, I added some red crystals. 

You can see more inspiration for these colors at these blogs.

Thanks for stopping by!
Photobucket

2 comments:

Dawn said...

Gorgeous, lovely for valentines and love the background stamp. x

Anonymous said...

Love how you created your own paper with the stamp. Lovely Valentine card, Lisa! Tracy:)

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin