Saturday, August 17, 2013

Happy Saturday everyone!  The challenge over at Just Us Girls is a color challenge this week, and Vicki has chosen a monochromatic blue color combo.  Great challenge!
 
 I was a little concerned about what I was going to do, but then remembered  a technique I saw the fabulous Tim Holtz do in a video in this post (scroll down to the second video to see it).  I started by applying Weathered Wood distress paint using the dots from the Dylusions Dotted Flowers stencil.  Then I added the following distress inks on the entire tag:  tumbled glass, broken china, salty ocean, and faded jeans.  Next, I used the same stencil and faded jeans distress ink to stencil the flowers around the sides of the tag.  I then added the feathers (from Fanciful Feathers by WPlus9) stamped in faded jeans and the sentiment from Strictly Sentiments (also WPlus9).  Last, I sprayed Perfect Pearl mist on parts of the tag.  In hindsight, I wish I would have stamped the sentiment and feathers in black ink, but I was trying to keep true to the challenge.  I added some blue burlap ribbon, seam binding, twine and a charm to the tag to finish it off.


Stop by these blogs to see what the design team did with this color challenge.
 
 
Thanks for stopping by!
 
Recipe
Stamps:  Fanciful Feathers and Strictly Sentiments (WPlus9)
Paper:  Manilla tag
Ink:  Tumbled glass, broken china, salty ocean, faded jeans distress inks: weathered wood distress paint; perfect pearls mist
Accessories:  Dylusions dotted flowers stencil, burlap ribbon, seam binding, twine, charm
 

Photobucket

5 comments:

Lynn said...

Your tag is amazing Lisa. I love all the layered stamping.

Vicki Dutcher said...

Fun! Fun! Fun! Love this tag~

Marisa said...

Great tag and looky at you going all mixed media on us :)

Michele (mitchygitchygoomy) said...

Would you just look at what the fabulous Lisa has created:) True to the challenge and truly beautiful.

Elise said...

WHO? WHOOOOO? W-H-O could EVER feel blue, when gazing upon that inky, technique rich, layered up with PURE fabulousness, GORGEOUS hunk of TAG-ART! Oh, my HEAVENS - this is OUTSTANDING!!!!!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin