Sunday, August 25, 2013

Papertrey Ink Stamp-a-Faire: Mixing Mists to Match and August Blog Hop

OK, so I'm kind of stamped out!  I'm participating in the Papertrey Ink Stamp-a-Faire from yesterday and today's blog hop.  I've combined two challenges cause I'm tired!
 These are the colors and sketch I chose for the blog hop because I had the royal velvet reinker to work with for the mixing mists to match challenge.


Nichole gave the recipe to make a mist which was 1/4 cup rubbing alcohol and about 75 drops of the reinker.  I only did about 50 drops.  I don't have any of this color so I don't know how intense it should be, but I think it was fine.

 I wanted to use this circle cover plate as a mask and spray the mist over it and use the negative piece, but it just didn't look right.  So I decided to use the mask since the color was so pretty.  Then I just went about assembling my card.  As I said, I don't have any PTI colors, so I just matched them to SU
 colors as best as I could. 

I've had fun doing all these challenges.  I hope to try more of them later in the week.  School starts (for me) on Thursday with staff development and then again next Tuesday.  Kids come back next Wednesday.  Where did the summer go?  Sigh...

Thanks for stopping by!


Recipe
Stamps:  Rosie Posie, Rosie Posie Step 2, Reason to Smile (PTI)
Paper:  Neenah white, cool caribbean
Ink:  Royal velvet (reinker), cool Caribbean, night of navy, kiwi kiss, always artichoke
Accessories:  Cover plate circle die, Rosie Posie dies, pearls


Photobucket

7 comments:

Stacy's Paper Crafts said...

Lisa your card is gorgeous! I'm loving that purple! TFS

Stacy's Paper Crafts said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Michele (mitchygitchygoomy) said...

Beautiful negative effect for your pretty design, Lisa. So, it's back to work already!!:) Brad says it feels like we had a summer this year. We haven't had rain for quite some time and our landscaping/seeding was complete Fri. The landscaper called last night to ask us to water today, but it started raining a beautiful gentle rain and it's getting done naturally:). All the best with your preparatory week.

Cheryl said...

You are nothing short of amazing! the purple and blue are lovely together!! Another great card!! Enjoy these few days and remember we still get to enjoy the beautiful fall season even if most of the daylight hours we have to enjoy it from our classrooms! Chin up!

Nancy said...

Another brilliant card Lisa. Good luck with returning to work....it's tough to go back it sooooo interferes with my stampin' time! Love this color combo!!!

diane zechman said...

so pretty! Love the colors in that challenge!

Anonymous said...

Jaw-hitting-the-floor.... WOW!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin