Sunday, August 25, 2013

Papertrey Ink Stamp-a-Faire: Sprinkle of Salt Technique

 
Hi again!  Twenty-four hours later and I have another card for Papertrey Ink's Stamp-a-Faire.

I love techniques, so I felt confident that I would love this salt technique.  It's not a new one, but one that I've never tried.  So easy, so cool!

The hardest part for me is always what direction I want to go in.  This new stamp set and die called Mighty Oak was sitting on the opposite end of my stamp table waiting to be taken out of its packaging and filed away.  I spied it sitting there and I knew what I was going to do!  I started with choosing my colors:  more mustard, pumpkin pie, and old olive (all SU, I don't have any PTI ones).  I chose to use watercolor paper per Danielle's suggestion (it stays wet longer).  Then I took out the reinkers and started painting.  I first wet the paper with water, then went swiping color on the paper.  Fun!  Then I took my salt shaker and went a-shakin'.  More fun!  While it was drying, I die cut the tree from chocolate chip paper and then ran it through the woodgrain plate.  Next came the leaves in the same colors.  I die cut them and stamped them in various designs.  Before adhering the tree, I stamped the sentiment in chocolate chip ink.  I wasn't sure how to place the leaves, so I looked at Nichole's sample and mine was turning out to look just like hers (not intended at all!).  I mounted it on chocolate chip and then onto a vintage cream base.  Love.  It!!  I love the texture the salt gave it.  It sort of looks like some of those solid Basic Grey papers I have.  Very cool!

I'm hoping to do more today.  I have my clay drying and more things on my list I want to try!  If you scroll down, or click here, you can see my tea staining technique.  Thanks for stopping by!
 
 
Recipe
Stamps:  Mighty Oak (Papertrey Ink)
Paper:  Vintage cream, chocolate chip, old olive, pumpkin pie, more mustard, watercolor paper
Ink:  Chocolate chip, old olive, pumpkin pie, more mustard and reinkers
Accessories:  Mighty Oak die, woodgrain impression plate, salt, paint brush

Photobucket

4 comments:

Lynn said...

I'm looking forward to seeing what you create Lisa. This looks absolutely beautiful. I love the amazing spectrum of colors.

Marisa said...

Love Fall and your patterned leaves are fabulous :) great card.

Cheryl said...

And yet another beauty!! the fall colors of your salt background are perfect with the tree and it's leaves! Great take on the challenge!!

Annheidel said...

Love your salt card! I wish I'd seen the watercolor paper tip before I tried it out. Mine didn't come out so well. Yours looks great with the oak tree!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin