Sunday, July 13, 2014

Christmas Card Challenge #33 - Color Challenge

Happy Sunday all!  This week over at Christmas Card Challenge we have a color challenge.  These are such lovely colors and translate well into a Christmas card.
 
This is how these colors translated into a Christmas card for me.  I stamped the snowflakes in red ink and the sentiment in smoky slate ink.  The vintage cream cardstock was matted with gray and red paper.  The snowflakes were shimmered up with a Wink of Stella shimmer brush.  Very simple and easy card to create, however it took me at least five tries to get this done.  I started with a poinsettia stamp that just wasn't stamping properly.  Then I used painter's tape and then washi tape to mask off the middle, and it kept pulling the paper.  Very frustrating!
 
I used the sketch from CAS(E) this Sketch challenge.
 
You can see more inspiration from the DT on these blogs.
 
 
Thanks for stopping by!
 
Recipe
Stamps:  Two Feet Deep (PTI)
Paper:  Vintage cream, real red, basic gray
Ink:  Real red, smoky slate
Accessories:  Wink of Stella shimmer brush
 
 

Photobucket

6 comments:

Gerrina said...

Great CAS-Christmascard! Like the traditional red for the snowflakes! Hugs, Gerrina

Heather said...

Loved your card when I saw it today. So elegant in such a simple way. I didn't admit it, but the card I posted was my 2nd try. Guess that happens sometimes.

Leigh Penner said...

Oh, what a fabulously festive take on the sketch! I love it!

Taunya Butler said...

Pretty and festive and such a lovely interpretation of the sketch!! So impressive!!

Karen M said...

Hi Lisa, this is such a sweet card. You're right about the blend of colours, unusually lovely for a Christmas card x

Michelle said...

A beautiful card..... oh how I love these colors together! A lovely interpretation of CTS#84!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin