Saturday, July 12, 2014

Just Us Girls #249 - Trend Week: Woodgrain

Hi everyone!  I've not been posting much because I've been on vacation in Ireland!  We had a great time.  I'll post pictures later on next week.
 
While I was gone, the Just us Girls team announced a change in the monthly line-up.  You can see the changes on the graphic below.
 
So this week is trend week and Cheryl is our hostess.  She's chosen to have us use wood grain on our creations.
 
I just purchased a pack of wood paper from JoAnn's a couple of weeks ago and it was perfect for this challenge!  I looked through my variety of dies to see what would work with the wood paper and settled on this picnic basket.  I die cut it from the wood paper and then stamped it with the coordinating stamp in brown ink.  I also die cut the gingham paper for the napkin.  The apples were stamped and colored with copics then I applied glossy accents to shine them up.  I inlaid the word happy and stamped birthday under it in brown ink.  I cut a triangle from the gingham paper and popped up the picnic basket.
 
I used the sketch from the Fusion Challenge.
 
You can find more inspiration from the JUGs DT on these blogs as well as our guest.
 

 
I'm also entering this in Virginia's View die cut challenge.


Thanks for stopping by!
 
Recipe
Stamps:  Vintage Picnic, Stylish Sentiments: Birthday (PTI)
Paper:  Neenah white, X-Press It blending card, wood paper, real red, Bella Rose dp (SU)
Ink:  Memento rich cocoa and tuxedo black, copic markers
Accessories:  Vintage Picnic die (PTI), Christmas Greetings die (MFT), glossy accents, dimensionals
 

Photobucket

16 comments:

Cheryl said...

Wow! Hi Lisa, this is a pretty great card for a jet-lagged girl! Love that picnic basket in the wood grain paper and the table cloth paper is perfect!
Welcome home and so glad you had a great trip!

LeAnne said...

I LOVE this, Lisa! What a fun way to use that cute picnic basket AND the woodgrain!

Vicki Dutcher said...

WELCOME BACK! What a perfectly great summer birthday card -- the wood grain and gingham are a fabulous match!

Sharyn Polesel said...

Love the gingham with the wood grain.....the perfect match!

Nancy said...

So impressed.... Beautiful card and you just returned from vacation and you whipped up a beauty!! Nice job!

sandie said...

glad you had a fab hols Lisa. And great card to come back with, the picnic paper works really well with the woodgrain x

Sue Lelli said...

Hi Lisa, this card is DARLING with the wood grain and the gingham picnic blanket with the basket full of apples! LOVE this card!

Marisa said...

This screams picnic :) Wonderful take on the challenge.

Gerrina said...

What a great combination; made me too think of a picnick: one in the woods! Hugs, Gerrina

Becky said...

What a cool design!

Katie Ann Brooks said...

Well now I want to go on a picnic!!! This is so fun and I love all the woodgrain! Thank you for joining us at Fusion!!!

Sue VanDeVusse said...

I love that woodgrain background and picnic basket paired with the red gingham! I love picnics!

Deepti said...

This is such a sweet take on the sketch :) I love the gingham mat and the fruit filled basket :) perfectly sweet card. Thank you for sharing with Fusion !

Julia Aston said...

What a great card using the Fusion sketch Lisa! love the gingham and fun summer theme! Thanks so much for joining us in the Fusion challenge!

wienerhoneymooners said...

Totally Adorable!!! What a sweet take!!!!

Virginia L. said...

Lisa, your paid GREAT attentions to the die cut details and the result is absolutely FABULOUS!! Love everything about this card! So glad that you join the fun over Virginia's View Challenge!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin