Saturday, December 20, 2014

Just Us Girls #272 - Color Week

Hi everyone!  Are your days getting more and more hectic this week?  I hope you have time to play in this week's Just Us Girls challenge.  Ina has chosen these fabulous colors for our color week challenge. 
 
Here is a close up of the picture and colors.
 
I imagine that these colors would make for a beautiful Christmas card.  But I've done enough of those and needed a break.  I went through my stash of stamps and came across this Modern Basics one from Papertrey Ink.  I looked at some samples on their site of how all these pieces could be used and found one I fell in love with from Betsy Veldman.  She just knows how to put fun colors together!  So I sort of cased her card (well, at least the stamping portion of this card),  I used several of the colors from the challenge and created the background.  Then I took that tide pool ink and colored some white cardstock with it so I had an exact match.  I then die cut the butterfly from it.  That is placed on dimensionals in the center.  I wanted to do something different, so I die cut the bow from white cardstock and added it along the side to make it look like it was actually ribbon tied on.
 
You can see more from design team on these blogs.
 
 
Thanks for stopping by!
 
Recipe
Stamps:  Modern Basics (PTI)
Paper:  Recollections white, melon mambo, DeLovely (Cosmo Cricket)
Ink:  Tide pool, regal rose, baroque burgundy, rich razzleberry
Accessories:  Blissful butterflies and dainty bows dies (MFT), star dust stickles, pearls, dimensionals

 
Photobucket

4 comments:

Vicki Dutcher said...

Awesome stamped background!

Have a very Merry Christmas!

Ina G said...

Gorgeous card Lisa. Love how you chose to use the colours. Fabulous bow too.

Sharyn Polesel said...

Love the design and the way you used the challenge colors....beautifully done!

Sue VanDeVusse said...

Love how you used the stamps on this fun design! Brilliant idea to color your cardstock with the ink to match.






















LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin