Saturday, November 25, 2017

Just Us Girls #421 - Photo Week

Happy Small Business Saturday!  Remember to support your local stamp and other stores in your community today!  I'm going to my local stamp shop, Buffalo Stamps and Stuff, to purchase some things and participate in their annual Make 'n Take fundraiser.  They use the money to purchase gifts for needy families.  Love that store and all they do!
 
Today is also our last Just Us Girls challenge for 2017!  But don't worry, we will be back in January.  The girls decided to take some much needed time off during this busy holiday season.  I'm so grateful for this team of girls for keeping this blog challenge going for as long as it has!
 
Our challenge this week is brought to us by Vicki with this great holiday photo.
 
Here's a close up of the photo.  I've always loved this color combination for Christmas cards.  I was so happy to see this inspiration.
 
The bottom photo on the left caught my eye and made me think of this ornament die I just got.  I die cut it like a card, positioning the die just a bit off of a folded card.  Then I die cut it again with the middle piece from some red cardstock and cut this piece out of it.  I used the coordinating stamp set and stamped the pine boughs in an aqua color then adhered the red panel.  I die cut the holder piece from some coordinating aqua paper and adhered that to the top.  The sentiments were stamped in red and I added Star Dust stickles to the open design of the red piece and some twine to finish it off.  There's a sentiment stamped in red on the inside, but I didn't photograph that.
 
You can see more from the JUGs design team and our guest on the JUGs blog.
 
Thanks to our November guest, Trina Pham, for being such a great guest this month!
 
And I'd also sadly like to say farewell to Judy Woodland who is stepping down from the team.  She and her talent will be missed, but we wish her well.  Thank you for being a part of our team!
 
That's it for today!  Thanks for stopping by!
 
Recipe
Stamps:  Ornamental (Concord & 9th)
Paper:  Neenah solar white, real red, aqua
Ink:  Hawaiian Shores, Rockin' Red
Accessories:  Ornamental die (Concord & 9th), twine, Star Dust stickles



6 comments:

Nancy said...

What a great die! I understand why you purchased it recently! You captured the photo perfectly with your colors too!

Judy Woodland said...

This could not be more perfect for the photo board - I love your ornament. It's really cute, I have never seen that die. I am sad this is my last challenge too! I will miss all you girls, it has been an honor to be in such amazing creative company!! But you KNOW I will NOT be a stranger. Thank goodness for the internet. All the best, my friend!!! See you in cyber space!!!

Bobby said...

This is such a wonderful ornament tag, Lisa.

Ina G said...

Wow Lisa! What a fabulous tag you have created here in those gorgeous Christmas colours. Looks so simple but stunning and you have twine to match! Wonderful!

Vicki Dutcher said...

Awesome use of the colors with this fun ornament!

Sue VanDeVusse said...

Awesome die! Love that you cut it out like a card. Great use of the colors on this.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin