Friday, November 24, 2017

Thanksgiving Place Settings

Hi everyone!  I hope you all had a great Thanksgiving.  Ours was wonderful and the food was delicious (and the leftovers today were just as delicious!).
 
I saw a post on Laurie Willison's blog and I was so grateful I came upon it!  She made holiday place settings and I immediately knew I wanted to make these for my Thanksgiving table.  I always love to make place settings for my holiday dinners.  I of course had all the materials except for these super cute mini grapevine wreaths I got from Amazon here.
 
I used Mama Elephant's Calli Letters stamp set to stamp the names on a tag from Reverse Confetti.  Then I took a piece of cardstock and sponged Oxide inks on it with orange, red, and green ink and spattered it with water.  I die cut the leaves using Lawn Fawn's Fall Tiny Tags. 
 
I don't know if you can see it, but on the straight edge of the tag, I wrapped some pumpkin washi tape around it.  Then I tied everything together with some twine.
 
These are all the place settings I made plus one not photographed.  My SIL told me at the last minute that her fiancé was going to join us.  I wasn't sure I was going to be able to make one for him, but I didn't want him to feel left out.  I still had all the materials on my craft desk, so I was able to pull one together for him in about 10 minutes.

 
This photo is a little blurry, but this is how they looked on my table.  Everyone loved them, and my niece Maria said she was going to put it on her tiny Christmas tree.  I never thought about that when I was making them, but that's what I'm going to do with mine and my hubby's!
 
Thanks for stopping by!
 
Recipe
Stamps:  Calli Letters (Mama Elephant)
Paper:  Recollections white
Ink:  Wild honey, spiced marmalade, fired brick, peeled paint Oxide inks; Versafine onyx black
Accessories:  Tag Me die (Reverse Confetti), Fall Tiny Tags (Lawn Fawn), washi tape, twine, mini grapevine wreaths


3 comments:

Laurie said...

These are adorable! I love the leaves you added! Thank you so much for sending me a link. :) happy thanksgiving!

Marisa said...

These are adorable!!!

Lynn said...

Love those gorgeous stitched leaves. They are inked beautifully!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin