Thursday, February 14, 2019

Time Out #129 - Theme challenge

Happy Valentine's Day everyone!  It's time for another Time Out challenge (but I don't have a Valentine card for you today!).  This is our theme challenge, and we want you to go RETRO!  How fun is that?
 
So I went with retro colors...remember those from the 70s?  Orange, green, and brown?  I also thought these rays looked retro-ish!  I stamped this turnabout stamp in those colors and used the sentiment in the set in the green and orange colors.  I added the flowers...they looked retro to me as well!
 
You can see more from our Time Out designers and our guest for this challenge, Esther, on the Time Out blog.
 
Thanks for stopping by!
 
Recipe
Stamps:  Sunshine turnabout (Concord & 9th)
Paper:  Recollections white, tangerine tango
Ink:  Orange twist, lime rickey, eucalyptus, icing on the cake (C. Pooler)
Accessories:  Spellbinders die, Nuvo drops, dimensional tape 


7 comments:

sandie said...

Oh this is a stunning card and those colours do take me back! Adore the design and the flowers really are retro-fab take on the theme x

Esther Asbury said...

I love how your sentiment matches and retro, ray background go together perfectly! Sweet card!

Stephanie Lanzalotto said...

Fantastic choice of retro colors for your wonderful card. I love all of the things you included in your creation that make it retro. Wonderful job! With hugs, from a former flower child... lol.

Joyce said...

Wow-you have captured the exact colors of the kitchen in the house I grew up in! Fabulously retro.

Anita in France said...

Those 70's colours are deliciously vibrant, Lisa ... and the ray pattern is definitely groovy ... so wonderfully retro! Hugs, Anita :)

Nora Noll said...

This is so cool!! LOVE the background and that sentiment ROCKS!

Jill V said...

I love that you chose such fun retro colours for your design - orange, green and brown are definitely 70's!!! Fabulous, fun card!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin