Saturday, September 7, 2019

Just Us Girls #504 - Word Week

Hi all!  It's Word Week at Just Us Girls as well as the first week of school (and I'm retired...yay!).  Vicki chose an the appropriate word for this time of year...SCHOOL.
 
I went with apples.  The quintessential symbol for teachers and school.  I cannot tell you how many lovely apple gifts I received over the years from my students!  I stamped, die cut and colored the apples, flower, and leaves from Papertrey Ink and adhered them to a panel with a black and white diagonal print paper.  The images have shimmer on them from a glitter pen.  I added the sentiment and little heart sequins.  I always loved having cards such as these on hand to give to students when I received gifts. 
 
You can see more from our JUGs blog and our new guest for September, Janet, on the JUGs blog.
 
Thanks for stopping by!
 
Recipe
Stamps:  What the Doodle - Apple (PTI), Beautiful Inside (Altenew)
Paper:  Recollections white, black, black & white stripe pattern paper (MFT)
Ink:  Memento tuxedo black, Versafine onyx black, copic markers
Accessories:  What the Doodle - Apple dies (PTI), heart sequins, glitter pen (Lawn Fawn), craft foam 


6 comments:

Vicki Dutcher said...

Awesome apples!

cm said...

Oh my goodness: your apples are gorgeous! Love the design...school spectacular!
hugs~carol

Ina G said...

Great idea to go with the apples/teachers symbol here Lisa. Those apples are spectacular and the stripe side a great finisher.

Sue VanDeVusse said...

Those patterned apples are awesome and so perfect for a school themed card! Love the black and white diagonal strips and the little hearts, too.

Macimbalo said...

Very cool looking apples!!! Love your card!

Bobby said...

I love the colors on those unique apples, Lisa. Very pretty card.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin