Saturday, November 2, 2019

Just Us Girls #512 - Word Week

Hi friends!  Ina has chosen the word Thanks for our Word Week challenge at Just Us Girls.  A sentiment I always like to have on a card and ready to go.
 
I had this image colored a while ago and thought it would work nicely with a thanks sentiment.  It's a rubber cling stamp from Impression Obsession and is colored with copic markers.  I die cut it with a stitched rectangle and added shimmer to the flowers and crystals to the background.  The sentiment was die cut three times and stacked.  The yellow mat was run through a hounds tooth impression plate for some texture.
 
I created a second card because I intended to use this stitched scalloped background I created with the card above.  The background was lost when I placed the main panel over it, so I had to do something else.  I found this die in my stash and it was perfect because of the openings.  The scalloped background showed through nicely.  I die cut the sentiment three times from white cardstock and before I stacked them, I added some yellow ink to tone down the white a bit.  I added shimmer to it and some sequins.
 
You can see more from our JUGs design team and our new guest for November, Kristin, on the
 
Thanks for stopping  by!
 
Recipe Card #1
Stamps:  Impression Obsession
Paper:  Recollections white, yellow, green
Ink:  Memento tuxedo black, copic markers
Accessories:  Stitched rectangle die (MFT), thanks die (C. Pooler), impression plate (PTI), spectrum noir shimmer, crystals, craft foam
 
Recipe Card #2
Paper:  Recollections white, yellow, green
Ink:  Fossilized amber
Accessories:  Stitched rectangle die (MFT), stacked edges #1 die (PPP), boxed up thank you (Lil' Inkers), spectrum noir shimmer, sequins, craft foam


4 comments:

Ina G said...

Your flowers in the bucket are so beautifully coloured. Just gorgeous. Fabulous die cuts on the second one.

Macimbalo said...

Gorgeous flowers - I really love both cards so much!!!

Vicki Dutcher said...

Stunning coloring on that first card!

Sue VanDeVusse said...

Not one, but two awesome creations! Your pail of flowers is absolutely stunning and colored to perfection. I love the fun feel of your scalloped background on the second one. Amazing!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin