Saturday, November 9, 2019

Just Us Girls #513 - Trend Week

Hi friends!  It's Trend Week at Just Us Girls and Carol chose for us to make anything but a card!  Easy enough!
 
I have lots to share with you today.  I was asked by one of my retired teacher friends to purchase bottles of wine for our retirees Christmas party.  I couldn't give her "naked" bottles of wine, so I decorated them!  I saw a picture on MFT's email newsletter of the elf wine tag on the left and I had to copy it!  I ordered the elf and wine tag dies as well as the snowman die, and when I received them, went straight to work! 
 
I die cut all the elf pieces from different colored cardstocks as well as red glitter cardstock and adhered them together.  Then I die cut the wine glass and created the shaker and adhered that to the elf.  The sentiment was stamped and embossed in white embossing powder.  This was then adhered to the wine tag.  So cute!
 
I did the same with the adorable snowman.  He was easier to put together because there weren't as many parts to him!  These are so cute and sparkly in person and looked adorable on the wine bottles.
 
 It's also that time of year when we need all the gift tags.  I recently purchased the Speed Tagging stamps and coordinating die set from The Greetery.  All these different tags are on one 6x6 rubber stamp, and the dies for it are all attached onto one die.  So all you do is stamp, place the die over the stamped piece and die cut all the tags at once...speed tagging!  I stamped them twice.  Once in black ink and once in red. 

Once the tags were stamped and die cut, I stamped the various sentiments in various inks on them.

I also added some of the foliage and bells on the tags to spiff them up.

I added the twine and shimmer to each of them as well to finish off the tags.  This is such an easy and fast way to create tags!  I think there are seven different tags on the one stamp.  So fun!
 
You can see more from the JUGs design team and our November guest on the JUGs blog.
 
Thanks for stopping by! (Pictures are not the greatest!  They were taken in my kitchen as opposed to my photo box!)
 
Recipe (Wine Tags)
Stamps:  Sassy Pants Holiday Too (MFT)
Paper:  Recollections white, black, kraft, red glitter (SSS)
Ink:  Versamark
Accessories:  Christmas Crew Snowman and Elf Girl dies (MFT), wine tag die (MFT), wine glass shaker window and frame, wine glass shaker pouch, star glitter, white embossing powder
 
Recipe (Tags)
Stamps:  Speed Tagging Sentiments (The Greetery)
Paper:  Recollections white
Ink:  Versafine onyx black, wild cherry, gum drop green, razzleberry, sauna
Accessories:  Speed Tagging die (The Greetery), twine, shimmer


6 comments:

Nancy said...

Such a busy post-Lisa! First, the wine tags are darling! Love that you made them a shaker as well! The elf's ears sticking out are so cute! It looks like a fun purchase from the Greetery too. Those will be great for the Holidays! Have a great day!

cm said...

OHMYSTARS! Talk about a tag-a-licious post, Lisa! The wine tags are adorable; perfect for adding festive pizzazz to wine bottles. And the speed tags: soooo lovely!
Hope you'll find time to stroll through the 25 Days of Christmas Tags event (I'm honoured to be on the design team) and connect your creations with an inspiration post. These NEED to join the gallery; they're awesome!
hugs~c

Sue VanDeVusse said...

Those wine tags are amazing! And I am loving all of those gift tags, as well. You have definitely been very busy and in a very talented way.

Bobby said...

The wine tags are adorable, Lisa, and even more special with the shaker glass added. I love all your gift tags too. I can see how great that set is when you can cut and stamp them all at once.

Ina G said...

I bet those retirees were gob smacked when they received such beautifully home made covers on their wine bottles. They are simply awesome Lisa and to boot - shakers. You certainly have been busy with just them and then I look further down to all those beautiful Christmas tags. What fun you would have had putting all these together. Talk about organized! I think I have made just a couple of Christmas cards and they were for DT Challenges.

Vicki Dutcher said...

Awesome creations! Love to decorate those wine gifts, and these are fabulous!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin