Saturday, July 11, 2020

Just Us Girls #544 - Trend Week

Hi friends!  It's Trend Week at Just Us Girls and Vicki has chosen to do long and skinny cards (aka slimline cards).  I'm so excited for this because I've been wanting to make one of these!

I recently purchased an envelope builder die set from Trinity Stamps.  It not only has the dies for to create an envelope, it also has two word dies and the shadow dies to go with them and the scallop and stitched frame.  I started by die cutting the frame and used my paper trimmer to cut a piece to fit with it for the main panel of the card.  I sponged some tumbled glass oxide ink on it.  Then I went to work on the flowers.  I die cut the piece then used the coordinating layering stamp set to stamp the flowers and leaves.  The piece you see here is the final one after two other tries!  I didn't like the colors I chose on the first try, and on the second try I got pink ink on the leaves.  I put those in the trash, but pulled them out so I could use them to layer behind the final piece.  This gave the die cut more dimension.  The hello sentiment was die cut from gingham pattern paper and also twice from white cardstock.  The shadow was also cut from white cardstock, but only once.  I stamped the sentiment on the main panel, then added the die cut pieces and these very pretty crystals.  That finished the card.

Now I needed an envelope, so I pulled out some very old Stampin' Up pattern paper and used the envelope builder dies to create the envelope.  I wish I had thought ahead and used this paper for the hello die cut too!  I'm definitely going to make more of these.  They are great for these large floral stamps and also dies.


You can see more from our JUGs design team and our July guest on the JUGs blog.

Thanks for stopping by!

Recipe
Stamps:  Layered Bouquet (Pink Fresh Studio)
Paper:  Neenah white, Recollections white, classis gingham (Sunny Studios), Bali breeze (SU)
Ink:  Versa Claire nocturne; pink diamond, pinkalicious, bamboo, moss (Altenew); tumbled glass oxide
Accessories:  Layered Bouquet die (PFS), slimline envelope builder dies (Trinity Stamps), crystals, spectrum noir shimmer

9 comments:

Vicki Dutcher said...

This turned out amazing! The colors are so pretty and this type of card is just singing 😀

cm said...

Your slimline card is stunning! Love the flowers, the hello, the framing...everything! And the matching envelope is the perfect special touch!
hugs~carol

Macimbalo said...

Gorgeous card and I love that pink and those flowers! Sweet envelope too!

Nancy said...

You for sure need to make more of these slimline cards cause this one is amazing! Love the gingham hello a lot!!! Well done!

Sue VanDeVusse said...

Absolutely gorgeous! I love the soft blue background you created with the DO and that pretty floral image. The gingham hello looks great and I love the patterned envelope you made, as well!

Ina G said...

So so pretty and such gorgeous soft colours. The blue background adds such a great touch.

Bobby said...

Your card is so soft and pretty, Lisa. The layers add dimension and the inked background makes the the flowers pop.

Trina P. said...

Wonderful slimline card especially for your first. The colours are flowers are so pretty. I didn’t realize the envelope builder came with dies other than to build an envelope... I guess I should read more carefully. 😂

JoAnn said...

Beautiful slimline card. Love the pretty floral bouquet and the sponged background. The blue is perfect with the pink flowers. TFS

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin