Saturday, September 12, 2020

Just Us Girls #533 - Trend Week

Hello friends!  The new challenge at Just Us Girls is a good one.  Nancy chose for us to cut our cards into thirds for this Trend Challenge.
 
I was organizing all my stamps the other day and came across this one I've never used.  I thought it would be cool to just emboss it in gold onto a blended background.  I started with that background.  I recently saw Kristina Werner creating blended backgrounds with the new Crackling Campfire oxide ink with various other inks.  I chose to use it with Dusty Concord and Aged Mahogany that she suggested.  I love how it came out!  After blending them together, I heat set it so I could stamp it with Versamark and heat emboss it with antique gold embossing powder.  I did the same with the sentiment.  (There's a defect I noticed on the leaves in the top portion of the image.)  After that, I die cut it first with a stitched rectangle then I cut it into thirds.  I took off about a 1/4" from each piece so there would be a space in between each piece.  I mounted the three pieces onto a black panel with craft foam for some dimension.  Gold sequins were added for some sparkle.
 
You can see more from the JUGs design team and our September guest on the JUGs blog.
 
Thanks for stopping by!
 
Recipe
Stamps:  Delicate Bouquet (Altenew), Birthday Greetings (Gina K)
Paper:  Recollections white, black
Ink:  Versamark, dusty concord, aged mahogany, crackling campfire oxide inks
Accessories:  Stitched rectangle (MFT), antique gold embossing powder, sequins, craft foam 
 

9 comments:

Nancy said...

What a gorgeous inked up background! I am going to have to remember this great combination! Love this card a lot, Lisa!

Lindsey said...

These colours work together beautifully! The image is beautiful too - although it is a pain when you've owned a stamp for a while and _then_ discover there's a defect. Luckily, it's nothing the average observer would ever notice. Gorgeous card!

Sue VanDeVusse said...

That blending is gorgeous and so smooth! Love that gold embossed floral image as well and the sequins are the perfect addition!

Vicki Dutcher said...

Fabulous blending with the thirds gold embossed flowers! Just beautiful

Macimbalo said...

Stunning colors and with the gold it really pops! Love it!

Bobby said...

I would not have guessed those were the colors you used but they look fantastic with your wonderful blending technique, Lisa. The simple gold embossing makes an elegant card.

HilaryJane said...

I love that blended background with the gold embossing, just fabulous xx

Ina G said...

Oh Lisa this is beeeeeeeeeeeeeautiful. Love the stamp and blending like Kristina (got the saying from bend it like beckam lol)Such a simple but oh so striking card. Great take on our threefer challenge this week.

cm said...

WOW! As in major WOW! Your combination of inks + seamless blending is gorgeous; a perfect canvas for your lovely flower! Truly stunning!
hugs~carol

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin