Saturday, October 31, 2020

Just Us Girls #560 - Wild Card Week

 Hey friends!  Happy Halloween!

It's the 5th week of October which means it's Wild Card Week over at Just Us Girls.  Angie is the hostess and chose to use Word Die-Cuts.  Easy peasy!

I just purchased this cute Thanksgiving gnome at my LSS yesterday.  He's so cute!  There are two others in the set, so I'll be making lots of Thanksgiving cards.  I started by stamping him and coloring him with copic markers then die cut him with the coordinating die.  Then I used a fall leaves layering stencil to create the background using several distress oxide inks.  For the challenge, I die cut the sentiment three times and stacked them for dimension.  I also die cut two rectangles from brown cardstock as well the stenciled background.  I added shimmer to the word and gnome and copper crystals.


You can see more from the JUGs design team and our October guest, Karen, on the JUGs blog.  Thanks to Karen for being such a great guest this month!

Thanks for stopping by!

Recipe
Stamps:  Gnome for the Holiday Thanksgiving (Photo Play)
Paper:  Recollections white, early espresso
Ink:  Memento tuxedo black, dried marigold, shabby shutters, crushed olive, peeled paint, brushed corduroy. walnut stain, copic markers
Accessories:  Falling Leaves Layering stencil (SSS), Gnome die (Photo Play), stitched rectangles (MFT), thankful die (C. Pooler), shimmer, crystals, craft foam



7 comments:

Vicki Dutcher said...

The gnome is adorable with his turkey! :)

Karen said...

I love gnomes, and this one is adorable! You're so lucky to have a LSS near you. The gnome is just perfect for this time of year, and your stenciled background is wonderful! Thanks for having me as GD! I've really enjoyed it.

Macimbalo said...

Oh my gosh! A Thanksgiving gnome! Perfection, and I love your word die too!

Bobby said...

That gnome is darling, Lisa, and I love the background you created for him. And of course I like your word die. Great minds, great sentiment. ;)

Ina G said...

Oh Lisa this is such a fun card and totally adorable. Perfect sentiment to boot!

Sue VanDeVusse said...

Your Thanksgiving gnome is adorable and colored to perfection! Love the softness of your beautifully blended stenciled background and your layered die cut sentiment.

Nancy said...

What a great stamp to add to your collection. I can't wait to see the rest of the set! The background is incredible too! The leaves look as if they have dimension. Always a pleasure to admire your work.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin