Thursday, October 22, 2020

Time Out #173 - Photo Inspiration

 Hi friends!  Time Out has a photo inspiration challenge this time around.  It's a lovely photo that I'm sure will have many interpretations.


Mine was somewhat literal.  I watched a video that Jennifer McGuire did recently.  She called it Die Cut Letterpress.  Here's the process.  I die cut the snowflake three times from white cardstock and once from vellum and adhered them together.  Then I inked the vellum side using a blending brush and walnut stain distress oxide ink.  I placed the snowflake face down onto Tim Holtz watercolor paper and ran it through my die cut machine with a rubber mat.  (I did spritz the watercolor paper a bit before doing this to make it more pliable.)  This causes the die cuts to make an impression into the watercolor paper as well as transfer the ink.  The vellum keeps the ink wet so the transfer is easy.  I die cut the sentiment twice from white cardstock and once from the woodgrain pattern paper and layered them together.  That was adhered under the snowflake.  I die cut the woodgrain pattern paper and adhered that to the card base.  The main panel was adhered with craft foam.  I added the bronze crystals and some star dust stickles on the small openings of the snowflake.

You can see more from the Time Out design team and our guest for this challenge, Rhamat, on the Time Out blog.

Thanks for stopping by!

Recipe
Paper:  Recollections white, Tim Holtz watercolor, Sasparilla (October Afternoon)
Ink:  Walnut stain distress oxide
Accessories:  Stitched rectangle dies (MFT), fancy flake die (PTI), winter words die (Reverse Confetti), crystals, star dust stickles, craft foam



4 comments:

sandie said...

This is stunning Lisa-I tried to follow the technique as it sounds interesting and I love the look you have ended up with but I think I would be better watching the video! Love how wonderfully bold and CAS this is and naturally I love the sequins!

Cindy C. said...

So beautifully done!! I saw Jennifer's video too and am inspired to try.

Gerrina said...

So beautiful and serene! Hugs, Gerrina

Stephanie Lanzalotto said...

I had that video in my "to watch" list. You explained the process so well. I LOVE the way this turned out, and it is a perfect take on the inspiration photo. I have to try this. Thanks for inspiring me!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin