Saturday, May 1, 2021

Just Us Girls #582 - Word Week

 Hello!  This week is Word Week over at Just Us Girls. Sue chose a great one:  FLOAT.  So many possibilities!

Our nephew and his new wife are expecting a baby in the fall.  A baby shower is planned for June, so this challenge fit my need for a baby card so well.  This is a mini slimline card, which I like so much!  My friend Cheryl sent me a beautiful Valentine card and I loved it so much, I used her layout for this card.  I pulled out this Penny Black balloon and bear image and colored it with copic markers.  I chose soft rainbow colors for the balloons and a neutral yellow and green palette for the base (we won't know the baby's gender until its birth!).  I used a triple window slimline die to die cut the yellow panel then added a plaid piece behind the windows.  The bear image was fussy cut (ugh, no die!) three times and layered for dimension.  The baby sentiment was also die cut three times and layered.  I added star dust stickles to the word and balloons and yellow crystals to the base for extra shimmer and a small white clay heart to the bear's chest.

You can see more from the JUGs design team and our new guest for the month of May, Jacinda, on the JUGs blog.

Thanks for stopping by!

Recipe
Stamps:  Balloon Ride (Penny Black)
Paper:  Recollections white, certainly celery, Plaid Patterns (MFT)
Ink:  Amalgam black (Gina K), copic markers
Accessories:  Mini slimline square window die (Taylored Expressions), baby die (PTI), crystals, star dust stickles, clay heart




8 comments:

Macimbalo said...

What a sweet floating bear under those balloons! Love your card!

cm said...

An absolutely adorable card for the new parents, soon to celebrate their baby's arrival! Your fussy cutting is marvelous! They'll treasure this sweet card: guaranteed!
hugs~carol

Vicki Dutcher said...

Super cute! Great colored bear too

Sue VanDeVusse said...

I love your darling little teddy floating with the balloons! Awesome design and I love your combo of patterns and the added sparkle on the balloons and sentiment.

Nancy said...

This is such a terrific and colorful baby card! Love that the background ties in with your balloons so perfectly! The new parents are going to love this!

Jacinda said...

ADORABLE! I'm sure they will love the card!

Ina G said...

Nothing beats a bear floating high hanging tight on a bunch of balloons. Lovely layout and great colouring. Super sweet!

Bobby said...

I think those PB bears are adorable, Lisa, and you've colored and fussy cut him perfectly. I can see the shine on the balloons and adding the little heart was such a wonderful touch.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin