Saturday, May 8, 2021

Just Us Girls #583 - Trend Week

 Hi friends!  It's Trend Week over at Just Us Girls and Ina chose for us to use layers on our cards.

I don't use layers much anymore.  I used to use them a lot when I followed sketch challenges.  I never made a card without following a sketch, and there were always lots of layers.  So I looked back at old cards and found a sketch I liked.  I pulled out this rainbow die and colored it with copic markers then die cut it with a stitched rectangle.  I pulled out some fun pattern papers and chose the orchid one for the main panel and two different ones for the other pieces.  I popped up the rainbow panel on craft foam, stamped the sentiment and die cut it.  I die cut it two more times for dimension and added the enamel dots.  I spritzed the card with shimmer spray for extra shimmer.

You can see more from the JUGs design team and our May guest on the JUGs blog.

Thanks for stopping by!

Recipe
Stamps:  Hugs Sunshine Smiles & Rainbows (Erin Lee), Brilliant Day (Honey Bee)
Paper:  Recollections white, Over the Rainbow and Birthday Blowout (MFT), Really Rainbow (Lawn Fawn)
Ink:  Memento tuxedo black, Versafine onyx black, copic markers
Accessories:  Stitched rectangles (MFT), sentiment die (Honey Bee), essential stitched sentiment die (MFT), enamel dots (Waffle Flower), shimmer spritz, craft foam


3 comments:

Vicki Dutcher said...

Lovely layering and card!

Ina G said...

You have done a fabulous job with your layers Lisa. Great layout and super card. You certainly answered the challenge nicely.

cm said...

Love, love and love your rainbow card! Soooo pretty!
hugs~carol

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin