Saturday, June 5, 2021

Just Us Girls #587 - Word Week

Hi friends!  I'm the hostess over at Just Us Girls this week, and I chose KIND/KINDNESS.  A nod to my last name I know, but I thought we could use some kindness these days! 

I found this stenciled panel on my desk that I must have done a long time ago.  I know I've made cards with this stencil before (probably with these same colors), but I just love it!  I searched for a die cut to use and found this one (never used!) from Papertrey Ink.  I'm not even sure it's still available.  I die cut the word from navy cardstock three times and stacked it for dimension.  I stamped the sentiment from the coordinating stamp set in Versamark and embossed it with white embossing powder.  The embossing is not even...I did it twice and had the same results.  I even heated up my heat gun for a minute and only held it over the embossing until it melted.  Sometimes it comes out perfectly, sometimes not!  I added blue crystals to finish it off.

On another crafty note, our nephew and his wife are expecting a baby in September, and the baby shower is today.  I was in charge of favors (go figure!) and headed to Pinterest for ideas.  I saw lots of succulent favors, which I thought was so cute.  I wrapped each one in burlap and secured it with twine.  Then I typed up the information I wanted, printed it on cardstock, and die cut it with a Hero Arts onesie die.  I added a green bow (we won't know if it's a girl or boy until its birth!) and after I took the picture, I added a white clay heart that I colored green to match the bow.

This is the back of the tag.  I printed the front and back separately.  Once I die cut both, I adhered them together with a popsicle stick between them.

Thanks for indulging me in my craftiness for this baby shower!

You can see more from the JUGs design team and our new June guest, Fran Wing, on the 

Thanks for stopping by!

Recipe
Stamps:  Kindness (PTI)
Paper:  Recollections white, night of navy
Ink:  Versamark; weathered wood, stormy sky, tumbled glass, broken china, faded jeans, chipped sapphire distress oxide
Accessories:  Seamless Floral Panel stencils (Pink Fresh), kindness die (PTI), stitched rectangle (MFT), white embossing powder, crystals, dimensionals; onesie stacked dies (Hero Arts)


6 comments:

Vicki Dutcher said...

Totally loving the color combo you used! Fantastic card and fun baby shower gifts too

cm said...

Your shades of blue card is absolutely love, Lisa! Such a fun challenge this week. And the shower gifts are ohmystars adorable! I love succulents!
hugs~carol

Nancy said...

Awesome card and challenge and I adore your party favor! How clever of you! I am sure they were well received. I just watered my succulents not ten minutes ago! Love them!

Sue VanDeVusse said...

I love your choice of word for us this week! Your stenciling is beautiful in those colors and love the die cut and embossed sentiment. The baby shower favors are adorable wrapped in burlap with the little onesies.

Bobby said...

I love the colors you used on your card, Lisa. So calming and perfect for the word of the week. That shower favor is adorable. I'll have to keep that in mind since I'm expecting a new great-grandson in November and there may be a shower.

Ina G said...

What a fabulous card Lisa. Love the colour tones you used. So like how you did your sentiment. Really pops!
Love your baby shower succulent favour wrapped in burlap look amazing.
So creative.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin